Nhl 18 lag and delay

by Lusch82

Original Post

Re: Nhl 18 lag and delay

★★ Novice

In effort to ensure people have acess to proper solutions. I just wanted to let it be known that the first post from @EA_Darko has a link to a url that is no longer valid or in existence. Please update to help us acquire a solution

Message 31 of 81 (1,977 Views)

Community Manager

@LLMODOLLAS You must be having device issues because when I click on the link it is still working. 

Darko.png
Message 32 of 81 (1,966 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko this would be true if my in game ping as very high. However, I usually have around 17-20 ping on a high performance gaming monitor and I have a 1-2 second delay which is equivalent to over 100ms ping. I have played with 17ms ping prior and the connection can be very smooth. However, now the ping response is irrelevant and my connection always feels very very delayed. This has been an issue for years plaguing this game and it has been proven by multiple users that it is not an internal networking problem, but rather how the user connects to the EA servers. This problem needs to be handled and resolved on the EA end if you want to keep customers.

Message 33 of 81 (1,950 Views)

Community Manager

@tpommm9 Please run the UO Trace correctly and populate the information needed. Based on what you posted above there are issues with how your traffic is being routed as not a single hop is showing any information. 

Darko.png
Message 34 of 81 (1,939 Views)

★★ Novice

Here in Canada at my local EB games...the guy said in the last week they had 65 copies of NHL get traded in and its mostly the same problem: Sluggish online play

Message 35 of 81 (1,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its not the connection it's the game. Everuthing else in this house works fine
Message 36 of 81 (1,705 Views)

Community Manager

@MyMio77 Did you run a UO Trace? 

Darko.png
Message 37 of 81 (1,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It even lags when playing offline in HUT
Message 38 of 81 (1,701 Views)

★★ Novice
It's the game man. It's horrible online. Laggy. Button delays. Guys pass where I don't aim. Don't pick up the puck. Skate slow. Etc. And just like everyone else is saying. It's not their internet. Its the game. All my other games work perfectly online. Except nhl. So just like them I will be returning the game and never buying an ea game again. So stop trying to say it's the connection. We arnt dumb
Message 39 of 81 (1,678 Views)

★★ Novice
I was also once #2 years ago on psn. Yes I was that good. But have stayed away from nhl or other as sports games because of the lag. Even when I win it's not fun to play. And I still when most games. Bought this game last week cause it was on sale for $25. What a horrible mistake. I only play online vs and it's trash. * ea
Message 40 of 81 (1,675 Views)