Re: Unbound crashes during races

by PrivateJ0ker98

Original Post

★ Novice

I have the same issue as you do, but it happens at a random moment after an hour of game play.it can even happen in the menu. I am running a Ryzen 7950x with a 6800

Message 31 of 38 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just completely uninstalled EA and the game and reinstalled everything = game crashes at the beginning of start up screen

Deleted DX12 files = game crashes at the beginning of start up screen

Repaired the installation of the game = game crashes at the beginning of start up screen

forced Dx11 via Advanced launch options = game crashes at the beginning of start up screen

either the criterion Team are hard at work or they dont do anything in order to fix this game

Spoiler
Disappointed
Spoiler
REALLY ANNOYED after playing for 71 hrs
Message 32 of 38 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue! I can normally get 3-4 races in before it either turns into a slideshow or it crashes flat out. I've lost around 100k in game to this. I've tried clearing the cache, reinstalling drivers. SFC scan. Playing in a different res. Reducing graphics quality. Nothing helps. I'd really love to play the game. I've also tried to force dx11 and I've deleted and reinstalled the game. Still no help.

Message 33 of 38 (1,221 Views)

Re: Game crashing 10sec-1min into playing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC / EA APP
Summarize your bug Game crashes anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 minutes after launching.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game? check for bugs? 
What happens when the bug occurs? Game shuts down randomly without a reason
What do you expect to see? A game that doesn't crash in 3 seconds and my $90 worth

PC Spec:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

Ram: 16GB DDR4

GPU: MSI 6800XT Gaming Z Trio

Same for me, EA APP is garbo and every controller i use the buttons are mixed around so it's unplayable, i load in and about 2 minutes of gameplay the game unexpectedly closes with no popup or anything. It just shuts down on its own for no reason. It's very random too, sometimes it'll let me play for 30 minutes the crash or 2 seconds then crash. It's so painful, and i don't want to have wasted $100 on a game that i cannot play

Message 34 of 38 (1,155 Views)

Re: Game crashing 10sec-1min into playing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Were you able to fix this? İ get crashes when I want to race, start a race or finish a race...

Message 35 of 38 (747 Views)

Re: Nfs unbound crashes

★★ Novice

Had the same problem.. Was doing allot of research trying to fix this problem.. Looks like RTX series have allot of issues with this game. Tried all the tips on deleting cache and Dirextx12 files. Nothing worked, keeped crashing after couple of minutes. 

Sooo after a lot of googling, i found this review (https://www.igorslab.de/en/need-for-speed-unbound-in-the-test-without-rubber-band-ki-freezes-the-com...)
at the end of the review he had a tip about also deleting the DirectX 12 files but most importantly he also mentioned to delete  the profile settings files.. And this fixed it !!!!

So all steps i took. (delete all files in folders)

C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER NAME\OneDrive\Documents\Need For Speed(TM) Unbound\cache

C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER NAME\OneDrive\Documents\Need For Speed(TM) Unbound\settings

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Need for Speed Unbound\shadercache

Really hope it works for more people who have paid and can't play!

Cheers!

Message 36 of 38 (565 Views)

Re: Nfs unbound crashes

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this! I deleted only the directx12 files and it still crashed. It's working now! 

Message 37 of 38 (219 Views)

Dot.: Nfs unbound crashes

★ Apprentice

the files appears again in the folder when i start my game 

Message 38 of 38 (187 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help