Re: Game crashing 10sec-1min into playing

by snoop1050

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Well, tried the old and faithfull removal of PcDx12files fomr the cache. 
Got me about 10 minutes of playtime before game * out again. So i guess its off waiting for a solution from EA. Game doesn't even find anything to blame now in Event Viewer under applications, now it just tells me under the systems tab, than im running out of VRAM, Which is odd, as i have a 3060 12gb, so i shouldnt be running into issues with the card. 
And yeah, im on the latest GPU driver.

Message 21 of 38 (1,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same as other people.

12700k running stock

34gb ram

4090 GPU

No other game crashes on my pc, this games not even demanding and I can play cyberpunk etc fine.

Message 22 of 38 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PolarfoxPlaysIt does appear that a lot of issues point to an issue with the GPU driver. The crashing, the weird textures, flashing stuff, etc.

I wonder if there is a way to force DX11, if at all possible?

EDIT: Found this on YT, will verify later if this does anything: Put -d3d11 or -dx11 or -dx12 in the launch options

Message 23 of 38 (1,495 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@NLxAROSA wrote:

@PolarfoxPlaysIt does appear that a lot of issues point to an issue with the GPU driver. The crashing, the weird textures, flashing stuff, etc.

I wonder if there is a way to force DX11, if at all possible?

EDIT: Found this on YT, will verify later if this does anything: Put -d3d11 or -dx11 or -dx12 in the launch options

I'll give that an attempt today. Apparently there should be a new Nvidia driver soon aswell, so let's hope 

Message 24 of 38 (1,484 Views)

Dot.: Nfs unbound crashes

★ Novice

same here i tried everything they said on reddit. but nothing works.sadly i can't refund the game.. i been trouble shooting this game for way to long now

Message 25 of 38 (1,398 Views)

Re: Unbound crashes during races

★★★★★ Newbie

OMG THANK GOD IM NOT ALONE seriously 100% of the time i deal with this 

i can maybe get in 2 out of the 3 races it takes to finally finish and receive money for the race and this happens so i dont get the money or credit for even attending the first 2 races .... VERYY disappointing

Message 26 of 38 (1,330 Views)

Re: Nfs unbound crashes

★★★ Novice
@WhyPucciero System spec:
i9 9900k
RTX 3080
32Gb Ram
AIO cooler
The game constantly keeps crashing, not just to desktop - it will restart my whole system. It can happen right at the start of the game or even after an hour or so which is really annoying. I think criterion should have a look into it ASAP and remove this bug in the next update, it is really a good game but the constant crashing just makes me wants to throw away the game
Message 27 of 38 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have removed both dx12 files form main game and in the documents folder, after starting up the game again, it wont crash anymore but I get constantly fps drops. I dont know whats going on

Message 28 of 38 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Novice
@GodPwnz I have found out that putting the game in higher resolution like 2560x1440 in stead of 1080p I am getting instant crash. Only 1080 seems to work, it is such a beautiful game which should handle a higher res no problem, I guess the criterion team has to squash out some annoying bugs before I will fully enjoy the game again
Message 29 of 38 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

1080p isn't working for me. The game crashes for no reason at the start of the second race of the Week 1 Qualifier. Every single time. I even uninstalled and installed it again, tried different drives, nothing works and it always freezes and crashes in the same place.

Message 30 of 38 (1,109 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help