Re: Game crashing 10sec-1min into playing

by PolarfoxPlays

Original Post

crashes and freezes

★★★ Newbie

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Freezing and crashes while playing the game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea maybe updates like ASAP
What happens when the bug occurs? freezes and crashes the game so i lose the money i earned in a race or getting away from a cop
What do you expect to see? hoping its fixed ASAP i payed money for a game i can not play , when i played more so i can play it early and yet that didnt make me have a good time playing

I keep playing this game hoping things changed and the game just keep freezing and crashing on me. No other Need For Speed game was this bad i dont think. Hoping it gets fixed deff when i spent over $80 to play early and i can barly play 

Message 11 of 38 (1,834 Views)

Re: Nfs unbound crashes

★ Novice

Theses people having a hard time too
PLEASE EA DO SOMETHING!

Message 12 of 38 (1,886 Views)

Re: Nfs unbound crashes

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Turn off ea app overlay:

- click on your profile > settings > application > turn off overlay, accessibility, notifications

works like a charm

Message 13 of 38 (1,821 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I see two things in your dxdiag, but not sure if they might be related:

First one is this one: "DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 3). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information"

Seems like some issue/error? Did you get any errors when running dxdiag?

Second one is this one: "Sound Tab 4: The file vbaudio_vmauxvaio64_win7.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. Sound Tab 5: The file vbaudio_vmvaio64_win7.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer."

Maybe update/remove that driver (if possible) to see if it helps? Seems to be from some VBAudio driver?

Message 14 of 38 (1,851 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@NLxAROSA wrote:

I see two things in your dxdiag, but not sure if they might be related:

First one is this one: "DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 3). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information"

Seems like some issue/error? Did you get any errors when running dxdiag?

Second one is this one: "Sound Tab 4: The file vbaudio_vmauxvaio64_win7.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. Sound Tab 5: The file vbaudio_vmvaio64_win7.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer."

Maybe update/remove that driver (if possible) to see if it helps? Seems to be from some VBAudio driver?

I didn't see any errors when I opened up dxdiag. I can get a new one to see if there is anything in there.

The 2nd point there I assume is related to Voicemeeter Banana, virtual sound board thingy to add virtual audio inputs etc. 

Message 15 of 38 (1,842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PolarfoxPlays It also mentions things from the last crash you had, but not sure that would be relevant, as that's mostly generic stuff that may have co-crashed.

The virtual sound board may not be liked by NFS Unbound? Maybe try with/without if it's not too much problems?

That said, I think you did just about everything else I can think of.

For me the game does not crash, but GPU performance does degrade over time, and going back to main menu or restarting fixes that.
Message 16 of 38 (1,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NLxAROSA I think I'm getting those soundboard issues due to a hard drive failure a year back. Some things I didn't reinstall after. I would guess it's picking up on its latest crash aswell. I'm gonna see if I can get a crash report thru windows and see if there is any info we're missing
Message 17 of 38 (1,834 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So here is the log from windows event manager. 

Faulting application name: NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63752f5d
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff6a9
Faulting process id: 0x46b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d909880116f73e
Faulting application path: C:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Excalibur\NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 846a7ebf-d569-4e00-8f85-f7f454762181
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Could this be a potential culprit? ntdll.dll? Might just give that a go before i leave game untill an update comes along

Message 18 of 38 (1,822 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PolarfoxPlays Could be worth a shot for sure. Seems to be easy to restore this file.
Message 19 of 38 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@NLxAROSA wrote:
@PolarfoxPlaysCould be worth a shot for sure. Seems to be easy to restore this file.

Well, it got me alot further, now about 7 and a half minutes in (after the first police chase, just before whats seems to be entering the safehouse.
New error log pulled. Now its something to do with the rendering engine.

Faulting application name: NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63752f5d
Faulting module name: Engine.Render.Core2.PlatformPcDx12.dll, version: 2.6.1.0, time stamp: 0x637518fd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001a5d4b
Faulting process id: 0x3d5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d909919d58c906
Faulting application path: C:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Excalibur\NeedForSpeedUnbound.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Excalibur\Engine.Render.Core2.PlatformPcDx12.dll
Report Id: cf13d86d-4a3e-46e6-8915-ebb3f89756c4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Engine.Render.Core2.PlatformPcDx12.dll
Whatever that is Teeth bared

After a quick google. The Engine.render yadda yaddaPcDx12.dll seems to be a Frostbite engine support file. 

Message 20 of 38 (1,802 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help