Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Nfs heat all progress lost

by muscleboy9

Original Post

Highlighted

Nfs heat all progress lost

★★★★★ Novice

Here again, I had to postpone playing the game due to the fact my processor couldnt handle it 10 days ago. I replaced it and I ve been playing it the past few days. When I started the game few minutes ago I noticed my character and car were removed from the menu background and the yellow polestar took its place again. When I hit play, the game starts again from the first scene. Everything from the past few days is gone... I m getting tired of al the trouble around this game.....

Message 1 of 233 (11,485 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nfs heat all progress lost

★★★★ Novice

@muscleboy9 same thing literally happened to me after grinding and playing most of the day. lost 2.5mil and about 40% campaign progress. so frustrating!!! 

Message 2 of 233 (11,455 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@MuchHonor, did you restart? I dont want to play because I think starting a new career might erase it for real, if there even is a fix for this. Yesterday it started just fine, I wasnt that far yet (had 2 cars, 240zg and a 180sx) and few bank... Rep level 14, but the game starts from 0 now...

Message 3 of 233 (11,443 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Lots of people are getting this exact thing. I'd just not play it for now until they fix it, I'm tired of losing stuff over and over. Frown

Message 4 of 233 (11,407 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue about a week ago.

Started the game up and come up with a message similar to “your cloud data does not match your local save game, to continue playing please merge them” so I did, and I went from lvl 25 back to lvl 7 and lost all my cars, money, and progress. 
Emailed EA straight away and they said they were apparently working on fixing it with an update.

Still waiting for said update. 
A bit ridiculous on their behalf.

Message 5 of 233 (11,363 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

IT HAPPENED AGAIN, IT HAPPENED * AGAIN, I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN, EA FIX THIS

Message 6 of 233 (11,259 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Furious about this, no one from the EA bois looking at it in a week also, E A doesnt seem to care in any way, a player with a broken game, honest payer who just wants to play, every week there is trouble with your game and there isnt even the slaghtest care to do something about it. Just left here. Fix it yourself, I m tired of this... I ve been playing a lot of NFS'es, but never have I ever experienced the B.S. this game brought me

Fix this fix this fix this

Cant say it enough, * fix it 

Message 7 of 233 (11,252 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

For anybody on PC, I'd have your Documents folder in something like Dropbox or other cloud backup with file history. NFS randomly deletes the "1" save file out of your documents and replaces it with 1_tmp. This "tmp" file never actually saves or loads anything, basically resetting your progress. Everytime now I have it set so a notification pops up when the game deletes the file, then I quit and reload the file from right before it was deleted. It then will work for maybe 4 - 6 hours of gameplay until it does it again.

Message 8 of 233 (11,230 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I started over past week, my progress was further then the week before. I also noticed it happened twice in the night between sunday and monday. Would it be coincidence or is it like a weekly reset, i played for several days past week without a problem so its not like my progress is lost everytime I quit playing

Message 9 of 233 (11,190 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey, thank you for the info given. If you haven't added it already, can we check a few things?

What's missing for you? Are your Rep level and story progress intact?

What platform are you on? 

What's your accountname/Gamertag/PSN ID?

Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 233 (11,171 Views)
Twitter Stream