Re: Nfs Heat dont start just a black screen

by Dannemann1985

Original Post

Re: Blackscreen than crash after a few minutes

Message 41 of 74 (5,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As a heads up to people try unplugging any additional devices from your pc that you are not using, ive been having this game issue for over 6 months and today i finally fixed it. how? unplugging an Xbox360 guitar hero dongle! so because I had that and a xbox one wireless adapter plugged in I guess it confused the game and caused it to not boot, so only plug in the devices you need to use at the time!

Message 42 of 74 (4,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was and am having this problem but if i disable my other gpus than the game works, I can reable them while the game is running if needed

Message 43 of 74 (4,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@shaun7980 Thanks for the tip to unplug other devices.  I tried everything recommended without success until I unplugged my Saitek joystick, and then the game launched without issue.  Thanks again!

Message 44 of 74 (4,540 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have similar problem. Black screen and then exits out.

I launched my game through steam -> origin (ea play)

I have attached my DxDiag.

The only thing I am concerned is my GPU which is fairly old (GeForce GTX 970M) which I think should be equivalent to GTX 760.

However I saw a person in youtube that plays it on GTX 960M so I thought it should be fine.

Message 45 of 74 (4,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the same problem (black screen on OLED 4K until restart of the notebook) with an ASUS notebook with Nvidia (GTX 970M).

After checking the manual of my LG E97LA and "Deep Color" details, I found the setting details for the Nvidia Control "12bit 4:2:2 in 3840 x 2160 on 60Hz".

To configure and solve my problem:

- change Windows Display mode to "Second screen only"

- open Nvidia Control Panel -> Display:Change resolution -> Select my TV -> "3. Apply the following settings" -> "Use Nvidia color settings" ->

Desktop color depth: Highest (32-Bit)

Output color depth: 12 bpc

Output Color format : YCbCr422

Output dynamic range: limited (greyed out)

After changing the settings, I was able to see the game on the screen but in strange colors (pink/magenta).

So solve this I had to disable "HDR" in the Game settings "Video"

Message 46 of 74 (4,434 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Grocs_Blech thank you so much! This fixed my problem!
Message 47 of 74 (4,291 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@gregiare Glad it helped Standard smile
Message 48 of 74 (4,268 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Grocs_Blech Thanks this was the only thing that worked for me. In my case the DV black screen state just completely hangs my machine which is even worse than crashing after some time. Cmon EA, fix this please.
Message 49 of 74 (4,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FusionXIII My hero, after searching for 2 days this helped me :D
Message 50 of 74 (2,939 Views)