Re: New update has broke the ability to fullscreen

by Lxtab

Original Post

New update has broke the ability to fullscreen

★ Novice

So I've been playing since launch and have quite a good computer so this has nothing to do with my hardware or drivers. I was playing for the update just fine as well. Then I went to update and once it was complete I launched the game and it loaded up in windowed mode which it sometimes does anyway, so I clicked fullscreen as I normally do. However this time when I switched to fullscreen it just frroze at a black screen with the music still playing in the background. I tried to alt tab, ctr alt del, alt enter, but nothing would work. So I had to hard close my computer and restart. Tried a few different things and each time once I try to go fullscreen it just freezes at a black screen. I tried typing -fullscreen at the command line arguments but that just makes the black screen freeze happen the second the game launches.

I've edited the videoconfig file, reinstalled both Apex and Origin, ran as administrator, restarted and tried again many times but nothing is working. I tried just playing in borderless windowed mode but it's just not right, especially for a game as fluid as this.

Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 10 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same exact problem.

Can only play in Window or Borderless. Trying to run in Full screen forces a restart like yourself. I tried switching while in game with no change. 

Borderless works (somewhat) but causes the mouse to stop working and movement to freeze from time to time making the game unplayable.

To add

I tried several different graphics drivers with no change. It's as if my graphics card shuts off. My screen turns off due to no signal when trying to use Fullscreen. If I switch between window/borderless to full I can hear the game music but can not do anything else (black/ screen shut off). Pressing keys / Alt tab. Nothing responds.

What is your cpu/graphics card? I'm running 1070 and one of the first Gen i7s. 

Reading old videos/websites this was apparently an old bug. Whatever they did to "fix" it may of caused the issue for others in return.

Message 2 of 10 (407 Views)

★ Novice

i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB. Updated drivers too but still the same. Did this only start happening to you since the update?

Message 3 of 10 (401 Views)

★ Novice

Yes just after update. Been playing since launch with no issues until now.

Message 4 of 10 (398 Views)

★ Novice
Same here, really irritating
Message 5 of 10 (364 Views)

★★ Apprentice

alt + enter on menu screen

Message 6 of 10 (357 Views)

★ Novice
Same... Freeze... And actually never even worked on my apex alt+enter... But in this case my computer freeze
Message 7 of 10 (354 Views)

★ Novice

Just to share my config, I have an amd 1800x, mounted on a asrock X370, 32 gb Ddr4, nvidia 2070 (latest driver), win 10 may 19 update (I updated just because of the freeze, because also without update it froze) and at least dual monitor, I will try do downgrade driver and use only on screen to be sure 

Message 8 of 10 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

origin launch options for apex may help you notice the threads option i have to 9 change yours to atleast 2 below your thread count
-refresh 60 -preload -threads 9 -forcenovsync +fps_max unlimited -fullscreen +m_rawinput 1

Message 9 of 10 (345 Views)

★ Novice

Are you talking about Hyper threading?

If I have 8 threads I set it to 6? This worked for you? Ill try it out

Message 10 of 10 (309 Views)