New "leaning" function prevents straffing while zoomed in...

by Redlegg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New "leaning" function prevents straffing while zoomed in...

★★★★★ Novice

Since the addition of the "zoom lean", I've been unable to strafe left or right whilst zoomed on any weapon. This is on the PC version.  I have turned off auto-leaning and that adjustment makes no difference.  Makes it very dangerous when trying to reduce your exposure while zoomed in to take a shot.  Is this as intended?  Is there a way to revert to the way that leaning worked before the May 27th(?) patch?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (768 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New "leaning" function prevents straffing while zoomed in...

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again,

So I found the problem... The "F" key was bound to "Activate Straff to Lean on Zoom.  All is as it should be, thank you for your assistance!

Cheers

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (718 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Redlegg thanks for the post! Standard smile 

So I just tried to strafe and that worked for me. Can you move the document folder to the desktop and start the game back up and redo the settings to see if that helps. 

Let us know if that worked.

/Atic 
Message 2 of 6 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

When you say "move the folder to the desktop" and sorry if this sounds thick, but which folder? ***Nevermind I found it***

Message 3 of 6 (730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I moved the folder indicated and the result is the same.  This happens when I zoom+straff only to the right side.  It will work if I straff right+zoom..  Thus if I am stationary and zoom+straff right  I lean right and can't move.  This does not happen when I zoom+straff left.

Message 4 of 6 (726 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again,

So I found the problem... The "F" key was bound to "Activate Straff to Lean on Zoom.  All is as it should be, thank you for your assistance!

Cheers

Message 5 of 6 (719 Views)

EA DICE Team

Glad to hear @Redlegg

Good luck on the Battlefield. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 6 (701 Views)