Requesting SLI & Crossfire profiles for PC version

by Jabberwocky79

Original Post

New patch released and still no SLI...

★ Guide

As title.
Is there an official statement on multi gpu?

Will EA ever support it?
This game uses frostbite so implementing SLI is an easy task, why not support it?

Message 1 of 5 (1,494 Views)

Requesting SLI & Crossfire profiles for PC version

★★★ Guide

It sure would be nice to take advantage of full GPU processing power for those who have dual-GPU video cards or multiple cards installed.

I am personally using a GTX690, which is a dual-GPU card, but I can only use half of the power because there is no SLI profile. Without a profile, the game stutters and ruins gameplay. Because I can only use half of the potential of my GPU, I have to lower graphics settings to compensate.

I realize that the profiles likely must be created by the GPU manufacturers, but is there any kind of communication between the developer and GPU manufacturer? Can anyone at EA/Ghost suggest this to Nvidia/AMD? It would really be nice for us PC players.

Message 2 of 5 (1,513 Views)

Sli for need for speed payback stopped working after nvidia updates.

★★★ Newbie

Hey a few months ago sli was working on nfs payback I was getting 90fps at 4k ultra. ..  

My current driver version is.. 398.82 and it doesn't seem to be working anymore struggling to keep up to 45fps 4k ultra. 

I've tried nvidia inspector and seen gpu count set to one, and force single applied... 

I've tried forcing afr, afr2 and sfr and nothing works.

I have a gtx1080 sli setup with an 8700k and 32gb ddr4 so it's more than capable... Help me please 🙏🙏🙏

Message 3 of 5 (1,391 Views)

Re: Sli for need for speed payback stopped working after nvidia updates.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

SLI in NFS Payback only works for me when using driver 398.36 - this one actually introduced official SLI support for NFS Payback.

for 398.82, 399.07, 399.24 SLI is disabled again, try contacting nVidia.

Message 4 of 5 (1,303 Views)

Re: Sli for need for speed payback stopped working after nvidia updates.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Howdy All:

Judge_Dredd_80, is totally correct with the state of the NON-SLI drivers we have had lately.

WHO is responsible for this? Is it EA/Ghost Games or is it nVidia. Either way is it possible for us to get SLI DRIVERs back.

I for one really feels the different between the non-sli and the sli drivers. They makes my system look and feel a lot smoother!

Later

Alowgo

Message 5 of 5 (1,292 Views)