New issue with packet loss.

by apostolateofDOOM

Original Post

New issue with packet loss.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

So i had some networking problems which i ran a diagnostic with windows correcting whatever issue it found. (may or may not be related) As i haven't played for past week.

Anyways, when i play now i get this image (every game) i assume packet loss.

packet loss.png

Everyone stutters badly and i can't leave game, stuck at re-joining lobby having to end process through task manager.

I have done the usual connection troubleshooting 

Code leaf couple of time and this error too.

error.png

The only thing i can see on my end that's different

IPv6.png

I'm 99.9% sure they were both connected prior to the issues i've been having but in ethernet properties, IPv6 box is ticked so no idea why it's not connected or if it's even relevant.

I have restarted router, reset network and reinstalled drivers or whatever else it does (not tech savvy when it comes to networks) but IPv6 still has no internet access and i have now likely done more damage playing with stuff i know nothing about.

no idea what im doing (2).jpg

Browsing is fine (bit slow, especially streaming which is a lot slower), wired connection and speedtests are fine. Feels like i built a dam between PC and router (messing with settings) slowing it down.. Will check ISP if still having issues in a few days but convinced it's my end. Any help please explain in laymans terms. Thanks.

My bad if i put loads of useless info in here, just covering as much as possible.

I expect you'd need a UOTrace but i'll wait for an answer first.

Update: Toyed with some settings and managed to get a couple of playable ish games, like i'm underwater but no icons displayed then back to packet loss teleporting everywhere. Lobby keeps freezing on me too.

Message 1 of 4 (314 Views)

Re: New issue with packet loss.

★★★★★ Expert

5-6 timeout errors and friends entering match while i'm stuck in lobby.

Message 2 of 4 (261 Views)

★★ Novice

hi 

im having the same issue,done pretty much what you have done even the ou trace and it came back that my ports werent all open so i have to go into router settings and open specific ports,havent dont this yet but it might be the same problem,hope this helps in some way next time you speak to EA support.

Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM first things first, did u do an Independant Internet speed test. This will tell you generally if its at your end or server end. Ookla is one reliable online tester for you to use. I'm not fully teck savvy Large smile

https://www.speedtest.net/

What's you ul and dl and ping from Ookla? 

What's the game giving you at startup on your nearest server as ping and packet loss at that time?

Other easy fixes:

How full is your drive? 

When did you last defragment it?

What antivirus are you running? 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)