Re: New iPhone - In-Game Settings Missing Social Media/Game Center Connections

by SalixCat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New iPhone - In-Game Settings Missing Social Media/Game Center Connections

★★★★ Guide

I recently got a new iPhone and I restored all my photos, apps, data, etc from an iTunes backup. Opening Sims Mobile on the new phone was fine and everything was as I left it on the previous phone. I've been playing fine for a few days now. However, I noticed that I am no longer able to connect to any of the social media under the in-game settings (see photo below). The options no longer appear. I was previously connected via Game Center and EA on my old phone (side note: the EA connection was always disconnecting, and I would regularly have to reconnect it, but that's a different issue). What's even more strange is that when I open TSM on the new phone, the Game Center banner message does show, which would lead me to believe I'm still connected through Game Center. The difference I'm noticing is that the message says "Signed in as ____", instead of the previous "Welcome back ____". With the new phone, I did update to iOS 14, so I don't know if the new iOS changed the wording of the banner message (from "welcome back" to "signed in as") or if "signed in as" is a different message than "welcome back", hence my further confusion and anxiety. Does "signed in as" indicate that the game isn't properly saving to the cloud and only saving locally? (Can anyone else with iOS 14 confirm what the Game Center banner message says when they open TSM?)

I've searched all over about the missing Game Center/social media connections and can't seem to find a consensus on this issue. I saw something about the age being reset (?) and that the app must be uninstalled and reinstalled, but I'm unsure of the veracity of that. I've already logged out of Game Center, restarted my phone, and logged back into Game Center with no resolution. Despite knowing that uninstalling/reinstalling the app will bring me back to the tutorial and then prompt me to recover a save from the cloud, I'm extremely hesitant to delete and reinstall the app. I've heard many horror stories of people losing years of progress.

My concern is that if I keep playing as normal now and I get another new phone, will I lose all the progress I'm making on my current new phone (the progress I've made since I was previously able to see the social media connections on my old phone)? I most likely will be getting another new phone in the next few days and I don't want to make a few days progress and lose it. Any help, tips, or advice is greatly appreciated!

IMG_8761.jpg

Message 1 of 16 (3,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@ELLEpaws 

Did you choose an age under 13 when you started the game? I'm asking you because there are age restrictions for mobile games as you can read on this article: EA and age restrictions for mobile games. Party chat and the options to connect to social media are not enabled for minors. 

I have already replied to you regarding a game progress issue here. Same advice applies to this issue as EA advisors are the only ones that can help you.

You should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

If you have issues accessing your game, there is an alternative for you. Make sure to provide your Player ID when explaining your problem, will make things faster!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (3,322 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@tron20X6 Hi. i have the same issue! i have my new phone but i cant load my progress and need to do case number about it. Meanwhile, i am playing on my old phone and notice the same with the picture above. No social media to connect.

Anyone from EA or somebody know what’s he problem?
Message 2 of 16 (3,349 Views)

Hero

@ELLEpaws 

Did you choose an age under 13 when you started the game? I'm asking you because there are age restrictions for mobile games as you can read on this article: EA and age restrictions for mobile games. Party chat and the options to connect to social media are not enabled for minors. 

I have already replied to you regarding a game progress issue here. Same advice applies to this issue as EA advisors are the only ones that can help you.

You should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

If you have issues accessing your game, there is an alternative for you. Make sure to provide your Player ID when explaining your problem, will make things faster!

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 16 (3,323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@tron20X6 Same issue happen to me! is there any fix on this?
Message 4 of 16 (3,250 Views)

Hero

@ELLEpaws Unfortunately this is an issue that we can't help you fix from the forums.

If the options to connect to EA disappeared as you changed to a new device, you should send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details. Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 16 (3,232 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SalixCat 

i created case number 3 days ago from help in my in game . But i havent heard any update. i dont know if they are currenly fixing it or they missed to check. ☹️

Message 6 of 16 (3,204 Views)

Hero
@ELLEpaws I don't believe they work during the weekend. You need to wait for a reply.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 7 of 16 (3,194 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ELLEpaws, I have noticed I am unable to contact them on a Sunday. But they are usually pretty good about getting back to you quickly with an opportunity to move it along. Maybe 2 or 3 days at the very most. Sorry you’re having issues.
Message 8 of 16 (3,166 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello @SalixCat 

yes i already created case number from Help setting through my game. But unfortunately, i havent heard anything from the dev. It’s been more than 1 week ☹️

i am connected to my fb before. When i restore my game through itunes, the connection to all social media lost. 

you have any idea about that? 😣

Message 9 of 16 (3,112 Views)

Community Manager
@ELLEpaws Hi, please check your spam/filtered emails, it looks like a mail was sent out a little while ago with some standard troubleshooting. Please check for that, and you can add relevant info to your existing ticket.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 16 (3,062 Views)