Re: New Update returned an old issue (BSOD)

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

New Update returned an old issue (BSOD)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A new update and an old issue seems to be back. BSOD at random, different error code everytime.

Haven't tried the old solutions yet but I figured it's good to share that an old issue has returned.

Old fixes:

Run on DX11 if DX12 caused issue, or DX12 when it happened on DX11.
Increase the size of your Page File.

If you have XMP ram, disable the XMP profiles and run on default.

EmptyStandByList (worked for me personally back then)

Message 1 of 5 (711 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@IGF-Honorguy 

Please let us know if the old solutions helped you.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 5 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Currently not a single solution seems to be working.

The issues for me have become worse than ever.

I7 8700k, not OC'Ed

XMP 3200Mhz Kingston RAM DDR4. Without XMP 2400.

Game installed on SSD Samsung 860.

Mobo Asus Z370-P Prime.

EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Current issues so far:

BSOD, A LOT, different codes everytime.

When playing unable to achieve 60fps even on Low. (before I could get 144fps stable on high and 120s on Ultra)

The game is very unresponsive.

CPU usage used to be 60-70% now it is 85-100% (this issue existed last time too)

All in all this means that this time, stuff is straight up broken as it was never before.

Im genuinely annoyed that after the initial (very similar) issues I have only been able to play the game 4 months at most smoothly. Everything worked fine until last Tuesday.

Update:

Added DXDiag.

Thought I personally missed:

Running Windows 1903 Insider build. Might be the culprit at most but technically the 1903 update was released already. Just not in my country yet.

Message 3 of 5 (643 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Been out for a while.

BSOD are gone but the latest updates made the game unplayable so the BSOD might be still in there.

Currently on LOW and I cannot get 60fps stable. This is ridiculous at this point. 

Message 4 of 5 (600 Views)

Community Manager

@IGF-Honorguy 

You have a solid PC, so a BSOD seems strange unless you have a lot of processes running in the background while you're playing or there is a hardware concern.

It looks like your GPU could use a new driver update (unless you installed it already). The latest DxDiag you provided around the time was outdated. It can be downloaded here.

Have you tried setting your clock speed back to default and launched the game via a clean boot to see if disabling all the other programs avoids BSOD? It might be worth checking to see if your GPU is fully inserted into the slot and all fans are running properly.

How to Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (577 Views)