New Origin, Access Denied from Myanmar

by 1GunRTA

Original Post

Re: ISP/IP blocked by EA????

★★★★★ Novice

Spending so much money to only getting it taken from you, that must hurt so much :c

Message 21 of 36 (4,744 Views)

Re: New Origin, Access Denied from Myanmar

★★ Novice

disgusting from EA, why ill never buy a game from them again. typical from them!. you deserve a full refund on all your games. 

Message 22 of 36 (4,809 Views)

Re: ISP/IP blocked by EA????

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't get it, the only thing I found related to US Laws and Myanmar (Burma) is an act from 1997 that banned gem trading and some other stuff... The only change that happened was that on 10/07/2016 that ban was lifted, there's nothing on the executive order about blocking internet access to anything. English is not my first language so there may be something there with multipla interpretations, but doesn't look like it...

Here's the link I found if anyone's interested:
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/burma_eo_termination.pdf

And I got the previous link from here: 
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/pages/burma.aspx

Message 23 of 36 (4,561 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://burma.usembassy.gov/burma_sanctions.html

Sanctions were LIFTED in Maynmar/ Burma. What gives?

Message 24 of 36 (4,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The best way to play EA games (Example, BF4) is use VPN as below....
1. Get a VPN on your computer ( Hide.me, Thunder Bear, etc)
2. Connect to Singapore IP address via VPN
3. Open Origin and play BF4
4. On Battlelog, choose your prefer BF4 Servers and join
5. Disconnect VPN connection, while the game is trying to connect to Server and the game will start normally
6. DO NOT FORGET to reconnect VPN connection after playing your game. This is very very important because you have to Sync your progress that you played for the last times (There will pop up Origin sync error and DO NOT CLICK on CANCEL, after connected to VPN click Try Again)
7. If you enjoy your favorite games by this step, give me a XP :-)
Message 25 of 36 (4,508 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello everyone,

We are working to restore access to Origin for our players in Myanmar.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we’ll share updates on timing as soon as possible.

Message 26 of 36 (4,161 Views)

★ Novice

That's very disturbing POS you have done right there. Thankfully i won't make a mistake of buying anything online from you again.

Message 27 of 36 (4,049 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree. Thankfully, with this event, they show that you don't own their games and they can simply block your account without notice for whatever reasons. I'll vote EA as the most scumbag  company.  

Message 28 of 36 (3,949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Message 29 of 36 (3,690 Views)

EA Staff

Hello all,

For players in Myanmar this issue should now be resolved.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble with accessing Origin and the games.

Thank you!

Message 30 of 36 (34,238 Views)