ISP/IP blocked by EA????

by St-Falco

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Origin, Access Denied from Myanmar

★★★ Novice

I am getting "Access Denied" error message when connecting from Yangon, Myanmar. I worked with previous version of Origin. Please help. Thank you.

Message 1 of 36 (65,955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Origin, Access Denied from Myanmar

EA Staff

Hello all,

For players in Myanmar this issue should now be resolved.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble with accessing Origin and the games.

Thank you!

View in thread

Message 30 of 36 (33,989 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I'm sorry but Origin is no longer available in Myanmar.

Message 2 of 36 (65,769 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah it has been happening for more than a week. I was trying to download Fifa 17 demo and asked me to update the beta version which I did. Everything went wrong from that. If origin banned Myanmar, that is utterly unfair and disrespectful. I have contacted some Advisors and they had no clue and information. If Ea and Origin care for all the customers all over the world , please fix this as soon as possible or refund all the Money of the games that we bought from you origin.
Message 3 of 36 (65,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Why is that? Is it due to sanction? So what are we gonna do with the game we bought? Are they gonna refund us? @DarkAmaranth1996
Message 4 of 36 (65,651 Views)

ISP/IP blocked by EA????

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

I have been on Origin and playing BF4 etc... for awhile now.

Suddenly a week or two back I was getting this server blocked message on Origin.

So I tried to use Chrome to open origin.com and getting the same message.

I tried a few things - clear cache, etc... that others have posted in the forum but not working.

However when I tried my mobile data connection (another ISP) I was able to log in on Origin as well as being able to access Origin.com.

Is EA blocking my ISP or (fixed) IP?
Just FYI that Steam and GOG are working fine (can play, download games) etc...(Obviously they are not EA, but FYI)

Please see tracert and ping to Origin - which seems to be OK though.

PLEASE HELP!

Message 5 of 36 (57,957 Views)

Re: ISP/IP blocked by EA????

★★★ Expert

@St-Falco What country are you located in and who is your ISP please?

Message 6 of 36 (57,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for trying to help. @DarkAmaranth1966 

I am in Myanmar and my ISP (Fiber line) is MPT (Myanmar Post and Telecom). 

I have been playing and logging into Origin from the same PC, ISP for the last 2 years and it was fine until 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 36 (57,943 Views)

★★★ Expert

EA Games/Origin is not available in Myanmar. (I checked with a CM on that) Your Mobile connection may be seen as another location which would be why it works and your home ISP does not.

Message 8 of 36 (57,938 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Strangely I have been with EA/Origin since BF 2-3-4 and was fine until 2 weeks ago.

The other ISP is my mobile operator - but thy are not MPT. May be that is the only logical explanation.

Message 9 of 36 (57,934 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yes, with the Origin 10 update, US laws (which is where EA is based) forced them to block certain countries. Unfortunately you live in one of those countries. I'm sorry but there is nothing we ca do here to allow you access again.

Message 10 of 36 (57,931 Views)