Network Timeout error!? NBA Mobile live

by a073d2eb5cb24342493794d700e3dfc3

Original Post

Network Timeout error!? NBA Mobile live

Is anyone else getting this error? I seem to be getting it a lot more often here recently and when I talk to tech support they're of NO help. I followed their steps and all they wanna do it's blame my internet connection and it's not my connection because I'm still connected to my internet/WiFi it's their server that's timing out. I highly recommend they look into their servers because I believe they're having a server "overload". Please if anyone else is experiencing this speak up so we can get EA to look into this. Tech support said I was the only one who submitted a complaint which I find that hard to believe I'm the only one having issues. 🤔 It's really annoying happening during my live events, league tournaments then I lose a quarter sometimes both, and the Showdowns (h2h) then it makes me forfeit and I lose 8000 fans easy. They need a moderator on here with experience. 🙄 A moderator period.

Message 1 of 12 (7,963 Views)

Re: Network Timeout error!? NBA Mobile live

Community Manager

@a073d2eb5cb24342493794d700e3dfc3

From your point of view there are a few things you can try, firstly restarting your device and connecting via Wi-Fi (which tends to be more stable)

More troubleshooting can be found in the links below:

Android: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

iOS: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (7,905 Views)

Funny how you wanna throw it back on the gamers and it's the gamers "router" or their device. Well it's neither. It's the EA's server and something needs to be done about the overload! These "easy" troubleshooting" steps are a joke. If it were that easy I wouldn't be complaining and it would be working a week ago by now. Ridiculous. 

Message 3 of 12 (7,899 Views)

★★ Novice

I realize this is an old thread but the problem is as persistent as ever:

Using several different devices I get the Network Timeout message basically every few clicks, making the game absolutely unplayable. All of these devices are on a LAN (!) connection with high-speed internet behind it, so it's definitely not a network problem on my side. This is backed by the fact that I play several other online games from the same devices without any problems.

This makes it quite obvious that the EA servers cannot handle the number of requests - at least during European prime time.

So please EA take this issue seriously and do something about it. Thanks!

Message 4 of 12 (7,489 Views)

Community Manager

@Zesaric 

What type of devices are you on and are you connected to a 2.4 or 5.0 WiFi channel?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 12 (7,446 Views)

★★ Novice

I am on Android, and as I said I am on LAN (via an ethernet adapter which is connected to the micro USB of my Galaxy pad). This is the device I am using most, but the app crashes due to network timeout are completely independent of device. Also they are completely independent of the network I am using because my LAN is as stable as it gets. And I have to say that I do work in IT infrastructure for a job so I know what I'm doing in terms of network.

So it certainly isn't my network - I rather have the impression that it depends on the time I am playing. If I am playing during typical after work hours (like at 5-6 pm in CET timezone) or on weekends or holidays, the game is basically unplayable: Every pack opening or player swap in my lineup causes a network timeout. If I am playing outside typical prime time hours then there are almost no timeouts whatsoever (from the same devices that experience the timeouts during prime time).

This indicates for me that the problem is network or server load on EA's side. This might be more effort to fix, so a quicker fix could be to raise the threshold when a timeout occurs. I'd rather wait for the game to react than having to start anew because it crashed. In worst cases it even crashed during an event - means e.g. I spend 30 Warmup points to do Sharpshooter challenge and don't have the chance to finish it because the game crashes into a network timeout while my player is on the court...

Message 6 of 12 (7,437 Views)

Community Manager

@Zesaric 

Playing through an Ethernet adapter is something I would say most players aren't doing, do you get network timeouts when you play on WiFi or mobile data too?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 12 (7,421 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, it is completely independent of my device or connection I am using. It only depends on the time I am playing. Today I've played with no errors, last weekend (and other days) I had network timeouts every few clicks on all devices and all connections I have been playing on.

Message 8 of 12 (7,405 Views)

★★ Novice

EA sports knows about this problem but they cannot fix it for some reason or another, and I know they know about this issue because they give free stuff ( sorry about the problems you've been having recently) msg , ( SRY WE CANT COMMUNICATE WITH OUR SERVERS ) msg comes up all the time and I have top of the line everything wifi,modem ect.....I've spent a a bunch of money on this game because I don't have time to sit and play it for hours like some people... And this story cannot communicate with service messages cost me a ton of money.....

Message 9 of 12 (5,267 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree with this gentleman...... I'm going to start putting these problems you're having on social media and see how Twitter likes to see these problems ( by the way I have thousands of followers EA , I'm tired of them taking money from me and not putting out a product that works 100%

Message 10 of 12 (5,266 Views)