Network Connection error 208

by Hufflepough

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Network Connection error 208

★ Novice

Hi I'm hoping someone can help as I am at my wits end now.

The game was connecting and playing fine up to Wednesday, however since Thursday morning I have been getting the error 208 failing to connect.

I have tried everything I am aware of - Flushing DNS, resetting routers, etc.

I can get the game to work if i connect my laptop to a different ISP (usually hotspotting via my phone) but as soon as it connects to my home wifi i get the error message again.

I have attached the trace which shows there's no issues when hotspotting and shows the failure to connect when on my home ISP.

I have spoken to the ISP who have said there are no issues with things from their side as shown by the trace which shows an error on the EA servers side.;

I have tried a clean install, removing bit raider etc with no luck.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful now

Message 1 of 5 (535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Network Connection error 208

@Hufflepough 

if this is a routing error the ip address needs to be in a different range, if given an ip address in the same class it will be affected too

eg if your ip address is 123.456.788 and t=you change it to 123.456.789 same issue will occur

A VPN is the only known workaround for this sort of issue, which should clear on its own, but a week is on the rare side of time to refresh tables

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (475 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Hufflepough 

208 is a communication error , if you look in the log folder within the game folder is launcher logs it should indicate what it is having trouble communicating with , 

usually it can be issue talking to manifest.swtor.com or say cdn-patch.swtor.com for examples, once known what the issue is talking can start to look at why it is occuring

edit - based on your 2 traces , if a different connection is the only change, it may be a routing issue in case , waiting or getting a different IP address assigned from the ISP maybe the easiest solution 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 5 (519 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Proxos

I tried your solution (and hoped and prayed) but no such luck.

I spoke to my ISP, who advised how to change my IP address. I validated that it had changed and yet I still get the Request timed out error when trying to ping the launchpad.

I've attached the most recent trace below.

Looks like I'm now out of ideas unless anybody else has any solutions i can try.

Other than that looks like im going to have to give up which is a shame as i was really enjoying playing the game again.

Message 3 of 5 (483 Views)

@Hufflepough 

if this is a routing error the ip address needs to be in a different range, if given an ip address in the same class it will be affected too

eg if your ip address is 123.456.788 and t=you change it to 123.456.789 same issue will occur

A VPN is the only known workaround for this sort of issue, which should clear on its own, but a week is on the rare side of time to refresh tables

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 5 (476 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you Proxos, i genuinely appreciate the help.

I have set up a VPN which is connecting fine now and will keep using it whilst I wait to see if the original Network connection fixes itself at some point.

Thank you for your patience and support

Message 5 of 5 (463 Views)