Netcode issues after chapter 5 update

by N4v1s

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Netcode issues after chapter 5 update

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I am really frustrated right now. I love the new update and all the content that it brought to the game with chapter 5. However, I can not play the game at the moment. I don´t know what it is, but something got changed and the "netcode" is broken for me.

- players are rubberbanding

- I get killed behind cover

- I get endless hitmarkers on other players and they don´t die

- I die in one frame not having a chance to react

Overall, it feels like playing vs a full server of enemies with a 100+ ms ping. It is just like the problem from a couple weeks ago when everybody had a higher ping all of the sudden, just worse. The ping shown for the other player is normal (with some exceptions as always) and the network performance graph doesn´t show any issues with my connection either. I have checked for a problem on my side, playing other games, but I can not find any issues there.

This problem is not exclusivly for the new maps, it is the same with the old content as well. I just can not play at all anymore.

EDIT: I just did a full reinstall of the game, but that didn´t change a thing...

Message 1 of 7 (653 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Netcode issues after chapter 5 update

★★ Pro
@EA_Atic I don´t have these issues anymore. I could just guess, that is had to do with a huge amount of people playing after the patch. Still thank you for your help. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (472 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Anyone? The game is in the worst state it has ever been for me...

Message 2 of 7 (613 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the breakdown! @N4v1s 

Could you record a video with network stats showing so we get an idea what is going on.

Not seen any of this myself when playing on PC.

/Atic

Message 3 of 7 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_AticThank you for your answer!

I will try to do that. Another thing I just noticed. Besides the playlists for the new map, I can not use the matchmaking function anymore. It always puts me in servers with a 110ms ping. It feels like matchmaking thinks im in a different region. I have to manually join server to be able to play with my normal ping.

Message 4 of 7 (578 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Atic Did the quick patch change anything else besides the round ending screen? Playing yesterday I didn't have any of the issues, that appeared playing on the weekend.
Message 5 of 7 (547 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @N4v1s  Not that I'm aware of, so if working for you that is great news! Standard smile 

Do you have this issue at peak time? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 7 (500 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Atic I don´t have these issues anymore. I could just guess, that is had to do with a huge amount of people playing after the patch. Still thank you for your help. Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (473 Views)