Re: Need to run Origin via Compat mode, and NSF detects unsupported OS. - HELP!

by DRaaSSS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to run Origin via Compat mode, and NSF detects unsupported OS. - HELP!

★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here, need some help/guidance regarding the Origin client issue.

Recently Origin client on my machine won't load anymore and even worst 100% CPU!!!

- So what I did was to change Origin.exe to run over compatibility mode of Windows 8 which is a max OS compatibility mode that it's able to run based on the posts in this community & Reddit. Welp, it's running...but hold on.

- I bought NFS: Heat, and it requires a big update to be playable, guess what...it refuses to update as it detects I'm running with unsupported OS!!!! LOL

TLDR;

Funny huh? Stuck in the middle...can't run Origin client with normal Windows 10 OS, okay I run it with compatibility mode of Windows 8, but the game not able to update and can't play.

Ticket with EA support is filed and under work in progress status (for a while). I highly appreciate it if any of you have some solution for me.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (344 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

YAYYYYY!

Get the problem resolved over the chat with the EA advisor through the submitted ticket.

Solution:

Temporary disable Anti-Virus software and simply launch the Origin client without compatibility mode...BAM!

Everything works fine again!

Thank you Vishnu & Babita, the EA Advisors who picked my chat support. I highly appreciated that.

Regards,

Art

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Meanwhile, they made a check for windows 10 in origin, when in reality it runs fine on 7.

Message 2 of 4 (318 Views)

★★ Novice

The case marked as resolved but trying to find the way to see what they've replied, no luck. Going back and forth between a few pages.

Message 3 of 4 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

YAYYYYY!

Get the problem resolved over the chat with the EA advisor through the submitted ticket.

Solution:

Temporary disable Anti-Virus software and simply launch the Origin client without compatibility mode...BAM!

Everything works fine again!

Thank you Vishnu & Babita, the EA Advisors who picked my chat support. I highly appreciated that.

Regards,

Art

Message 4 of 4 (281 Views)