Need help,Connection Rejected, Invalid Token

by XGeneral_Johnny

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need help,Connection Rejected, Invalid Token

★★ Novice

Hey! I would love to get a fix for this issue, i saw a topic about this here but the fix did not apply to me.

Its been like this for me since i came back to the game, mid season 8. It says "Connection Rejected, invalid token".

There is an 80% chance i would get this error after matching "the sound of effect after finding a match"

And after the match ends i almost always get this error. 

My platform is PS4 and my internet is capable.

Thank you in advance!

Johnny

Message 1 of 16 (958 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need help,Connection Rejected, Invalid Token

Community Manager

@XGeneral_Johnny 

Thanks for following up and letting me know! I'm glad to hear there's been an improvement. 

We have been looking into some disconnections since the most recent patch, which might be why you're still seeing errors sometimes. Hopefully once the disconnection issues are fixed it will be more stable. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (837 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @XGeneral_Johnny

There are some steps I would like to try to see if we can help fix the issues you've been having. 

When you have a chance please try running through the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble connecting after that please check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you have the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (936 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! 

Thanks for the reply! 

I've been through those steps several times before, and i tried both wired and wireless connections and reinstalled the game 2 times before, unfortunately had the same outcome.

Message 3 of 16 (928 Views)

Community Manager

@XGeneral_Johnny 

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Can we also try setting a different DNS on your PS4 to see if that helps? I've seen some cases where that can help with similar issues as well. You can update the DNS on the PS4 using the steps below: 

1. Open the PS4 Settings and go to Network 
  2. Select Set Up Internet Connection 
  3. Choose Wi-Fi or LAN Cable depending on how your console is connected to the internet 
  4. Select Custom 
  5. Choose Automatic under IP Address Settings 
  6. Choose Do Not Specify under DHCP Host Name 
  7. Select Manual under DNS Settings 
  8. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well.  
  9. Select Next 
  10. Choose Automatic under MTU Settings 
  11. Select Do Not Use under Proxy Server 
  12. Select Test Internet Connection to confirm the changes and make sure you can connect. 

Let me know if you're still getting the same error message after that. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 16 (894 Views)

★★ Novice

Ofcourse!

But unfortunately it hasn't been solved, did the same steps but it still pops up with the same rate as before.

Highly appreciate the efforts hopefully we can figure it out soon! Thank you for the help!

Message 5 of 16 (881 Views)

Community Manager

@XGeneral_Johnny 

I appreciate you giving that a shot as well. 

Another step that can help with issues like this is setting a static IP address for your PS4. The Port Forward website has some good instructions on how to set that up. If you're able to give that a try as well please let me know how it goes. 

Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 16 (872 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply! 

The good news is that the problem was partially solved! 

I've assigned a permanent IP address to the PS4 alongside the previous settings you gave to me.

Port forwarding isn't supported by my router, so i settled for the option i already mentioned which was pretty simple and straightforward. 

I almost never get disconnected now after finding a match, which is already amazing! 

I still however disconnect occasionally after the match ends or getting back to the lobby, not the same rate as before but still happens 1/3 of the times. 

its already much better and the game is playable now, nothing compared to the old results haha.

If there's anything else i could try, it would be really appreciated, if there isn't i'm already happy with the results and happy with the great support 👍

Thank you!

Message 7 of 16 (851 Views)

Community Manager

@XGeneral_Johnny 

Thanks for following up and letting me know! I'm glad to hear there's been an improvement. 

We have been looking into some disconnections since the most recent patch, which might be why you're still seeing errors sometimes. Hopefully once the disconnection issues are fixed it will be more stable. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 16 (838 Views)

invalid token

★ Novice

July 2021 and still no fix with the invalid token error. All the money i have dumped into this game amd i cant play half the time.

Message 9 of 16 (805 Views)

Re: invalid token

Community Manager

Hey @cosmic_goldo

Were you able to try running through the steps I suggested in this thread? Is it still giving you the same error message after that? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 16 (712 Views)