Message 21 of 30 (5,616 Views)

Re: Need for speed payback stuttering

★★★★ Novice

"Optimized better"

Message 22 of 30 (5,436 Views)

★★ Pro

@ELIES-EH

I agree with you my friend. I paid 1000 ( hard earned ) Canadian dollars for my zotac amp gtx 1080 ti . Bought a new WD blue 1 TB ssd and put all my games on it including payback, heck even got a new EVGA Gold 850 watt psu and the game still dips below 60 fps right down to 48 fps in the city areas @ 2569 x 1600p resolution.  I can run Crysis 3 maxed with 2 x saa and it never drops below 70 fps. I cant accept that we have to turn down setting to run payback on PC rigs like ours. Thats just not right at all.

I did some testing and the shadows on ultra is what is killing the frame rate. Even high causes the game to struggle. Sure is frustrating to have all this high end stuff and watch it go to waste . The game isn't even using full gpu when it drops to low 40s in the city. Some wrong there that's for sure. Hope we see a fix .

Message 23 of 30 (5,299 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have the same issue.

I7 6700K, MSI 1080Ti, 16GB Ram 

and the game is freezing and stuttering from time to time - indeed it occurs more often in the city than anywhere else.

Off-road races seems to work fine.

It's super annoying because game was working better wheh I had  Radeon R9. Just lower fps but without freezing.

Need for speed payback optimization seems to be very bad ...

Also this is THE ONLY GAME I have in my library which is freezing and stuttering.

Need for Speed Payback is really good racing game, but ... 

PLEASE PATCH IT GOD DAMN IT'S DAMN ANNOYING WHEN IT FREEZE!

Best wishes.

Message 24 of 30 (5,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I carried out tests, which graphics setting (in my case) causes the problem described above and came up with an interesting conclusions.

Initially, I lowered all the details. On the lowered details the game worked without freezing and stuttering, so I knew that I would definitely find a faulty setting and some solution.

After restoring all settings to "ultra", ambient occlusion etc. the game continued to work without freezing and stuttering...

Like suddenly the problem disappeared.

I turned the game off and on again to see how it works and the freezing and stuttering occurred again.

So by the elimination I discovered that when I turn off the V-sync for a moment the game starts to work without any problems - and what's better, you can turn it on again and the game will continue to run without freezing and stuttering.

PS. UNFORTUNATELY NOT FIXED

After a sever or so minutes of playing freezing and stuttering occurs again.

Do I have to say how many times I crashed my car because of that???

I won't play this game until it's fixed. 

EA Patch it please.

Best wishes.

Message 25 of 30 (5,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

as I wrote here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Thank-you-EA-Please-EA-topic-about-1080-Ti-NFS-Payback-Is...

"After disabling Vertical Sync, Motion Blur and setting 'High' Shadows quality  the game seems to works fluently and smooth!"

You may want to check out doing the same until EA will release a good patch for the problem.

Kind regards.

Message 26 of 30 (5,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys... 

After the big patch in December the stuttering was gone for me but after the new big update last month the stuttering got back and even worse... 

I have had contact a couple of times with EA and they can't seem to find a solution for this but.... I found one after long searching and trying a lot of different things...

Most of the people i see online are on a machine using multiple cores... I have a pretty mean machine myself and i think the problem is limited to these kind of machines:

Core i7 7700K

Asus Maximus Formula IX

32 GB 2666 HyperX memory

Asus GTX 1080 Ti OC 11 GB

960 Pro NVME 512

4K screen

I GOT IT TO WORK NOW!!

If you have a machine with more then 4 cores you will get the stuttering in some configurations and you can fix it:

1. I downloaded a simple program called 'Process Lasso'

2. Installed it and started Need For Speed Payback.

3. Lookup NeedforSpeedpayback.exe in the processes

4. Rightclick the process and click the second line: CPU affinity

5. Now select Always...

6. Click CPU affinity

7. deselct a couple of cores but leave 5 cores checked...

8. Go back to the game

9. Enjoy stutter-free (but occasionally mini freezes as a little downside)

Why this program you ask? Because this sets this affinity with the cores every time you start the game instead of doing it manually via Task Manager in W10.

It's not a real solution of course but now it's playable without getting tears in your eyes and a headace after playing for about 10 minutes...

I hope this also works for you all...

If you first want to test it you can of course set the affinity in the task manager first to check if it solves the problem for you. With 2 cores it's unplayable, 3 cores is still quite bad, 4 cores it's finally playable but 5 cores is the limit of the game (so it seems).

If any of the EA crew are reading with me... Please fix this issue... None of my other games have this problemwhile playing every game @ 4K ultra.

Good luck to you all! 

Greets,

Mark

Message 27 of 30 (4,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I still see stutters. How can a it stutter on high end configs?

My CPU is not the best of the best, but still, wtf:

i5 4690

16GB RAM

MSI GTX 1080 Ti

PS: It's installed on an SSD 

Patch please?

Message 28 of 30 (4,557 Views)

★ Guide

@H1brid Keyword is Optimization if it's a Driver/Game Issue.

I only have small lags here and there not that often and mostly on two exact spots on one it drops to arround  48fps all the time,besides those two spots i have no problems.

i7 6700k, 16gb @3000mhz, 1070, ssds win 10 win+drivers fully updated.

there are many reasons that could cause a game to lagg, which in best you all check at least once.

- closing all programs which aren't nessesary for system/hardware to run even try disabling antivirus temporarely.

- if the lag occurs online check your internet connection speed, ping, packet loss, lan instead of wlan

- check your temperatures while in game after 10-60minutes (maybe thermal throtteling)

- update drivers

- check the other ideas people gave like limiting the cpu cores for the game via task manager 

the weird thing is some seem have lag some have them less even while all of them seem to have a high enough powered pc.

if everybody would have so much lags it would most likely be a programming issue, i played one game which would also lagg on a supercomputer because of bad programming.

Message 29 of 30 (4,542 Views)

★ Novice

I believe it's due to optimizations. I run Witcher 3 with everything maxxed without a hitch.

I don't have big dips, but when I do have them it's usually in a rather critical moment, like a curve with some oncoming traffic or other similar stuff; dropping from 60fps (vsync) to say 15 for a fraction of a second, going back to 30 and so on. Basically enough to make you crash.

I tried many things, I only got the core limitation stuff to work on, but I do believe this is something that needs to be addressed by EA. We apply workarounds to improve our experience, but the product should be polished to provide an optimal experience without requiring users (sometimes with no tweaking experience) to intervene.

Message 30 of 30 (4,537 Views)