Re: Need for speed heat lost money rep and progression

by Xx-Velpa-xX

Original Post

Lost my cars bank and Rep levels

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug I had just beat the campaign and started to buy parts for another car when my power went out, I reloaded everything and when I did I was rep lv20 even tho I had just beat the game which the last mission you have to be Rep lv30 to start, even though it doesn't show the last mission I checked my achievements and it showed the achievement for completing the last mission. This bug lost me two cars The Ford F-150 Raptor and the Lamborghini Huracan Performente and even 10 levels or Rep
What car were you using? The Lamborghini Huracan Performente
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? The last Campaign Mission
Was it a day or a night event? Night Event
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? It takes away items you already had such as cars, bank, and Rep levels
What do you expect to see? I would like too get the cars Rep and bank I had lost returned

This bug ruined my experience and time I had playing this amazing game

Message 21 of 616 (12,287 Views)

Need for speed heat

★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Summarize your bug I am rep 50 but all my money cars and ultimate parts are gone and I’m getting frustrated we need this fixed immediately!
What car were you using? Chevlette c10
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? None
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue it just happened to me out of the blue
What happens when the bug occurs? It gets rid of all my cars money and ultimate plus parts
What do you expect to see? This bug fixed immediately! It’s happened to plenty of people and we need it fixed !

1. Product: Need for Speed Heat
    Summarize your bug I am rep 50 but all my money and cars is gone please help very frustrated. Please get this fixed immediately!
    What car were you using? Chevelette c10 stepside
    What was the last event you played? Day time mode
    Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens on random
    What happens when the bug occurs? All of my cars and money and ultimate parts disappear
    What do you expect to see? This bug fixed and all of are money and cars back

Message 22 of 616 (12,285 Views)

★★ Novice

You are lucky my friend,i lost 4.5mills,i i lost few cars and my engine upgrades doesnt work!they told me that this will be fixed but its day #6-7 for some guys and #3 for me!!! I dont even know if im going to get my stuff back BUT since i didnt bought the game at least i didng gave EA money!good thing i rent it so i can see if i should buy it or no ! If i have that problem till weekend BB EA,BB NFS

Message 23 of 616 (12,247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Xx-Velpa-xX 

I do believe I have found a temporary solution to your problem, and I hope this helps

Steps to fixing this issue -

- Power down your PS4

- When powering up your PS4. Hold down the power button until your console beeps for a second time. It will bring up a safe mode menu

- Connect your PS4 controller to the console with the USB Charging cord that you receive with the console. Press the PS button

- A menu selection will come up with a few different selections. Go down to the "Rebuild Database" option and select "yes". Your console will then go through the process of rebuilding your database. DO NOT SHUT OFF THE PS4 DURING THIS PROCESS OR YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR ENTIRE HARD DRIVE!!!!

- After your PS4 is done performing the rebuild database operation. Go back into NFS Heat, and select "Solo Session" in the main menu. Once you are inside of the garage in the game. Back out to the main menu

- Once you are at the main menu. Select the "online session" option, and a prompt will pop up on the screen where it's going to say that your local inventory doesn't match the one online. It will also ask if you want to upload your local inventory. Select "Yes", and load into an online session.

- Once you are in an online session all of your progress should be back.

I believe the underlying cause of all of this is data corruption. There's an autosave prompt in the game that goes on at the most inconvenient times. Which in turn if the game crashes while the autosave prompt is performing it's operation. It will cause your data to corrupt. While playing the game it's also a good practice to make sure to back out to the main menu before exiting the game. I hope this helps!

Cheers!

adamburger16

Message 24 of 616 (12,246 Views)

★★ Novice
@adamburger16 Did that work for you buddy?
Message 25 of 616 (12,239 Views)

★ Apprentice
@HONDACRXK24 Yeah i got the deluxe suks for me if they don't fix it. I want to play but im not going to play until they come out and say something about it. Im not going to lose my time again. I thought this was the come back for need fo speed but i dont know now Frown. Next time maybe should rent lol.
Message 26 of 616 (12,223 Views)

★★ Novice
@Xx-Velpa-xX Same here man,i have the game for 2 weeks(13 euros) so when that 2 weeks ends i can go and buy it but since that problem happened i cant play again 7-8 hours a day to get me the money and the cars,i read online that the problem we have is like a "ban" from nfs if you try and cheat but i wish i whould do that cause then at least i didnt something wrong but now...?its too many hours of gametime to tell me that they caant help me/us!hopefully they fix it soon!
Message 27 of 616 (6,180 Views)

★ Novice

That does not fix it.

Message 28 of 616 (6,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@HONDACRXK24 

It seemed to have worked for my one friend because he encountered the same issue on his PS4. Also BLVD who's an active member told me that his friend who has a PS4 tried it, and it worked for him as well. More feedback would be appreciated to see if my experiment is helping others.

Message 29 of 616 (6,065 Views)

Re: need for speed heat lost save ps4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SpykeWolf 

I do believe I have found a solution to get your progress back.

Steps to fixing this issue -

- Power down your PS4

- When powering up your PS4. Hold down the power button until your console beeps for a second time. It will bring up a safe mode menu

- Connect your PS4 controller to the console with the USB Charging cord that you receive with the console. Press the PS button

- A menu selection will come up with a few different selections. Go down to the "Rebuild Database" option and select "yes". Your console will then go through the process of rebuilding your database. DO NOT SHUT OFF THE PS4 DURING THIS PROCESS OR YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR ENTIRE HARD DRIVE!!!!

- After your PS4 is done performing the rebuild database operation. Go back into NFS Heat, and select "Solo Session" in the main menu. Once you are inside of the garage in the game. Back out to the main menu

- Once you are at the main menu. Select the "online session" option, and a prompt will pop up on the screen where it's going to say that your local inventory doesn't match the one online. It will also ask if you want to upload your local inventory. Select "Yes", and load into an online session.

- Once you are in an online session all of your progress should be back.

I do believe that the main underlying issue to the entire problem that you're encountering is data corruption. There's an autosave prompt in this game that goes on at the worst times where the game could crash. I really do hope that the devs at Ghost will give us the option to shut that off because it's causing too many issues at this time. It's also a similar issue I kept running into on the PS3 with NFS MW 2012. If you didn't allow the game to save even if the game froze. You would lose all of your progress. Which in turn would cause you to perform the rebuild database prompt on the PS3, and then all of the progress would be returned. I actually can't count how many times I had to perform that action on that game which was extremely frustrating.

I really do hope that a more permanent solution is included in the next update.

Cheers!

adamburger16

Message 30 of 616 (12,473 Views)