Need for speed heat is not saving my career progress

by marcelribeiro126

Original Post

Re: Need for speed heat is not saving my career progress

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Lonegraywolf75What folders, or was it just for the folder that heat is installed in?

Update:

Found a resolution, for my system. Basically I went into the ransomware protection and went to add an application through folder protection, then I selected recently blocked and whitelisted all those which were game related, Then I closed out origin completely and relaunched as administrator at which point I received an error about can't install games in current directory, after this I closed out the origin client and went to also allow the origin app access to protected folders. After this I was able to play the game get to the first checkpoint after character selection and then when I exited the game I went into the game properties via origin and under the cloud saves I was able to select save. From this point on I was able to continue playing and progress was automatically saved. Hope this helps others.

Message 11 of 56 (2,135 Views)

★★ Novice

I have disabled my ransomware protection in windows defender but it's useless....

Message 12 of 56 (1,997 Views)

★★ Novice
@Wl2ECKLESS me2 i disabled my ransomware protection in windows defender but it's useless...i feel sad
Message 13 of 56 (1,992 Views)

★★ Novice
@Wl2ECKLESS 嗨,我 在Windows Defender中禁用了勒索软件保护,但这没用....您能帮我吗?
Message 14 of 56 (1,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Wl2ECKLESS Your reply fixed the solution. I just have to add one more step to your resolution: Once youre in the Ransomware Protection window and you have the slider for Controlled Folder access turned on , you will then click the 3rd Blue option that says Allow an App through Controlled Folder Access which will then prompt you to answer yes to open the window showing games, apps that you can allow permission to use. It brought up Need For Speed : Heat and Fallout 76 on my list and I gave both games permissions. Now my NFS : Heat game saves and loads saves as well. Thank you so much for your help on this and I hope my detailed description helps anyone that might still be unable to play . Standard smile 

Message 15 of 56 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SuperDinoo I tried that initially as well however it didn't work, I had to explicitly allow the apps on the ransomware protection.
Message 16 of 56 (1,931 Views)

★★ Novice
@Wl2ECKLESS yep i allow the nfs and origin on the ransomware but it still useless.i tryed again and again...i feel sad of my money
Message 17 of 56 (1,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SuperDinooTry to close out NFS and Origin and relaunch origin as Administrator and see if you get an error. If you don't then go into the ransomware and check recently blocked applications to see if anything related to origin or HEAT is listed there.

Here's the applications that I whitelisted:

NeedForSpeedHeat.exe
Touchup.exe
Origin.exe

Message 18 of 56 (1,916 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I have the same problem as you and a bunch of other people.

I checked the save game file folder and there's no evidence of any save game data in there whatsoever. I even tried copying the folder and moving it with my other News for Speed games in my Documents folder but that didn't work either. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled and that was a no go...

Nvidia GeForce Experience's game optimization doesn't even see any save data so that you can optimize the game with your graphics card. It still says, open up game or change setting to enable optimization.

So I guess we just have to wait for EA to fix this problem. Hope it doesn't take longer than a week

Message 19 of 56 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Death_kong Do you have windows 10? And if so is the ransomware protection enabled?
Message 20 of 56 (1,884 Views)