Need for speed heat driver recommend

by chinonsoe221

Original Post

Need for speed heat driver recommend

★★★ Newbie

So today I just downloaded Need for Speed Heat for Windows 10. But an error message pops up that says "Detected Intel driver version #1 26.20.100.7463 11/06/2019 00:00:00 #2 26.20.100.7584 19/12/2019 00:00:00 . the recommended driver version is xx.xx.15.4251 or later. please updated your drivers at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ before playing the game" I went to that link, updated my driver, restarted my computer, and I'm still getting the same error message. When I go back onto the same website in order to update it again, it says that everything is up to date, even though the error message doesn't say so. When I press OK on the error message, the game plays as normal but is extremely laggy and barely playable.The game was running perfectly fine with no frame rate issues. I don't know what is wrong or what went wrong between the period of me saving and quitting the game normally, but as it is now, it is totally unplayable.

Message 1 of 3 (2,544 Views)

Re: Need for speed heat driver recommend

Community Manager

@chinonsoe221 

Your machine seems to be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your GPU.

assuming you have an NVIDIA video card, make sure your display is connected to your video card and not your motherboard and then follow these steps:

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need For Speed Heat\NeedForSpeedHeat.exe
  6. Select NeedForSpeedHeat.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (2,508 Views)

Re: Need for speed heat driver recommend

★★★ Newbie

Hi There,

i am facing the same issue.

just downloaded the Heat deluxe edition and the game screen is too slow. i cant play it.

Win 10 running on HP EliteBook 840 G5.

16GB RAM

core i7 vpro 8th gen

Intel® UHD Graphics 620 , Version26.20.100.7263

Please help.

BR

Sagar

Message 3 of 3 (1,924 Views)