Need for speed heat crashing and high cpu usage

by Prism_Heav

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for speed heat crashing and high cpu usage

★★ Novice

dont really have knowledge  when it comes to stuff like cpu and usage and all that but after losing 4-5 million exp from crashing, i figured id come here. sometimes after landing a hard jump it freezes then crashes, all my drivers are up to date, running
i7 8700k
with a gtx1070 8gb
idk if this makes a difference but its installed on a 500gb hdd 
also have 16gb of ddr4 ram
 tried toning my settings down, still crashing, before the actual release of the game i dont think i even crashed all that much, after playing all day. lately after just minutes it crashes. the only time i get fps drops is right before it freezes and crashes. u-u helppppppppppppppp

Message 1 of 9 (16,435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for speed heat crashing and high cpu usage

★ Guide

I found out while searching for news on google I found a thread that describes the issue about high cpu usage and how to solve this.

Try this: create a "user.cfg" file in your installation path of the game for example "E:\Games\Need For Speed Heat"

and add these commands from below BUT edit it to your actual CPU Core and Thread for an I7 8700k it will be 6 cores and 12 Threads

the commands are currently for a quad core cpu with 4 cores 8 threads

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8

Create a "user.cfg" file inside the main folder of Need for Speed Heat were you've installed the game,

add these commands above edit it to match your actual CPU Cores and Thread, save it and start the game.

This should help to balance the high cpu usage for some people. 

I hope this will work for you too.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (16,398 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I found out while searching for news on google I found a thread that describes the issue about high cpu usage and how to solve this.

Try this: create a "user.cfg" file in your installation path of the game for example "E:\Games\Need For Speed Heat"

and add these commands from below BUT edit it to your actual CPU Core and Thread for an I7 8700k it will be 6 cores and 12 Threads

the commands are currently for a quad core cpu with 4 cores 8 threads

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4

Create a "user.cfg" file inside the main folder of Need for Speed Heat were you've installed the game,

add these commands above edit it to match your actual CPU Cores and Thread, save it and start the game.

This should help to balance the high cpu usage for some people. 

I hope this will work for you too.

Message 2 of 9 (16,399 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn’t know what any of that meant but saw a comment on a video apparently some guy deleted all his weapons and that worked. Tried it and the crashing stopped XD 

Message 3 of 9 (16,292 Views)

★ Guide
@Prism_Heav High CPU usage is because of Denuvo. I don't understand why developers still use this piece of trash DRM.
Message 4 of 9 (16,250 Views)

★ Novice

thank u bro that really helpingThumbs up

Message 5 of 9 (14,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks man, it  helped a lot.

my processor is I7-9700K

i used this configuration

Thread.ProcessorCount 8
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8

Message 6 of 9 (12,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Just not true, Denuvo alone shouldn't be causing this. I have a similar issue with this game on high CPU usage, but Hitman 2 doesn't have the issue at all.

I've tried the file, doesn't seem to work for me though. Frown

Message 7 of 9 (11,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had same problem. So I have added user.cfg file as mentioned above and !!updated NVIDIA drivers!!!. It helped me to solve the problem. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
...huh...
Message 8 of 9 (8,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AkamalAhmed hello my friend first of all i am using amd ryzen 5 3500x threads seems to be 6 core 6 what should i do can you help me please help
Message 9 of 9 (7,534 Views)