Need for Speed Pro Street: Corrupted group10.cab file on install

by Duffburger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed Pro Street: Corrupted group10.cab file on install

★★ Novice

Hi guys.

Just paid for and downloaded Need for Speed Pro Street from Origin and I'm having some issues installing it.

It gets about halfway through the installation process before coming up with an error stating,

"The cabinet file 'Group10.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I have the option to cancel, obviously cancelling the install and getting me nowhere; retrying, which just loops around to the same issue; or ignoring which just ends the installation prematurely. 

I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit, and we've got a proxy thing at home (not sure if this would interfere but it can't hurt mentioning).

Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Message 1 of 3 (2,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed Pro Street: Corrupted group10.cab file on install

★★ Novice

Hi Kristi.

I've got it all sorted now after talking to someone on the live help chat. I was asked to remove all the Origin temporary files and re-download and install it, and it's now installed perfectly.

This can be considered solved and closed, thanks Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (2,519 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

If you right click the game tile in Origin client do you get an option to 'Repair Game'? If you do please run the repair.

Message 2 of 3 (2,226 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Kristi.

I've got it all sorted now after talking to someone on the live help chat. I was asked to remove all the Origin temporary files and re-download and install it, and it's now installed perfectly.

This can be considered solved and closed, thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (2,520 Views)