Re: Need for Speed Payback directx function dx11 renderer

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Need for Speed Payback directx function dx11 renderer

★ Novice

I just bought NFS payback from origin and I'm trying to play it but the game keeps crashing. First problem that I see is that when you start the game you have the loading bar. For me it doesn't fill smoothly. It stutters and twitches. When I get to the game sometimes it crashes in the menu. Sometimes it crashes in the at the tutorial mission. I have never gotten past the first cutscene. It gives me this error message sometimes (that isn't my image but the same problem). Other times it doesn't give me anything and the game just freezes. I have even had couple of hard crashes. I have 1060 3gb and have never overclocked any of my components. Does anyone have any idea what should I do?

Kuvahaun tulos haulle directx function dx11 renderer

Message 1 of 4 (2,580 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @moikkanen 

Could you please try out the steps suggested by my colleague in this post?

Let us know if anything helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (2,512 Views)

★ Novice

Says ''message not found'' when I click on it

Message 3 of 4 (2,499 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@moikkanen 

Apologies for that Embarrassed I will just copy the text here then.

This is a troublesome error that is not confined to this game or specific hardware. It is a DirectX error code that indicates a crashing of the driver. I have done some more research and have tried to collect all of the steps that people are reporting to have fixed this issue. One particular step I have seen but do not recommend is altering any video card voltages. Some of these steps are quick and easy, some require a little more effort.

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean boot before attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Perform a clean video driver installation. I have seen reports that this issue may be more prevalent with nvidia 314.07 so maybe avoid that especially as there is a newer WHQL version available. It also may be worthwhile trying a driver previous to 314.07. The previous nvidia drivers can be found here. Previous AMD/ATI drivers are here.
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Ensure you have hard drive space available for your pagefile. If your pagefile is set to 8GB and you only have 4GB free you may run into problems.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.
  • Set Windows power settings to High performance in the Power Options in Control Panel.
  • Also, beside High performance, click on Change plan settings, Change advanced power settings, in PCI Express and Link State Power Management change the Setting to Off.
  • Run the dxwebsetup to possibly fix corrupted DirectX files. Do not do this unless you have attempted all of the previous steps.

I will link this post from the official nvidia forum, it is not the same error but it is a driver crashing type of issue and the points mentioned there are all relevant to the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error message.

It is unfortunate that there does not appear to be a one shot panacea available for this error message and that each player will have to perform some methodical troubleshooting in order to eradicate this issue.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (2,495 Views)