Need for Speed 2015 PC version sound problems

by SunsetLimited28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed 2015 PC version sound problems

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi !

I`m writing this post, because i`m allready half-way through the game and there is still no turbo/supercharger, city ambient sound, collision, post race reward sound. There is only a faint crackling sound when you collide with objects but nothing else, also  it kinda tries to play some sounds for half a second or so. Even on loading page (when you go to the garage or in game world) i can hear the city ambient sound and the whirring on the loading screen, but it cuts out after a few seconds. What bothers me the most is that i`m missing turbo/supercharger sounds, haven`t heard none of it yet.

Tried to uninstall the game and reinstalled/updated it. To add, i`v bought the DVD version of the game. I even upgraded from win. 8.1 to win 10 and still nothing changed. Updated as much as possible my directX drivers and sound drivers, but still the problem isn`t fixed. I´m using a lenovo Z50-75 laptop, with the AMD setup of CPU and APU and it`s graphics card is directX 11 compatible. Also there is this Dolby digital plus feature available on this laptop, but it`s turned off all the time, thought that maybe that might be interfering.

The problem itself is very similar to what NFS Rivals had, so maybe a little insight would be great !

Also i`m experiencing this strange bug when agressively turning in corners, the steeringwheel pops out from the cocpit shown in picture !

Kind regards

M.J

Message 1 of 13 (6,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed 2015 PC version sound problems

EA DICE Team

@SunsetLimited28

I am afraid there isn't a lot more I can check. If a system doesn't fully meet the requirements then it can have strange issues such as stuttering or audio problems.

If you ever run into further issues on a system that does meet the requirements then feel free to reach out to us for further help.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (7,525 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Hello !

Could i at least get some feedback from any possible causes from the support staff, still waiting for any kind of response, if it`s unfixable then it would be polite to at least say so, really rubbing my head here.

Kind regards

M.J

Message 2 of 13 (6,436 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi @SunsetLimited28,

Answers HQ is a self-help community so you might not get an immediate or dedicated response on these forums. If you would like to talk to an EA Representative directly then I would recommend to contact an Advisor via EA Help.

As for the question about your sound.. could you please test your system to see if it meets all the requirements for the game? I am not sure if your GPU is up to par. If it doesn't meet the requirements then it can still run the game but you could be encountering glitching, freezing or even sound issues.

Message 3 of 13 (6,428 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your response !

Message 4 of 13 (6,419 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SunsetLimited28

No problem.. Standard smile

I am not sure about the status of your issue though. Did your system meet the requirements? Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Message 5 of 13 (6,411 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi ! Both problems still persist, i checked the minimum system requirements and my gpu doesn`t meet the minimum requirements, altough it has everything it needs to run the minimum required game settings, everything else fits the profile. I`v had a couple of blank auto shut downs on my computer while playing the game which is the latest addition to the problems i face with this game, but it auto starts the computer itself (like a power shortage or something).

Kind regards

M.J

Message 6 of 13 (6,400 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SunsetLimited28

I am afraid there isn't a lot more I can check. If a system doesn't fully meet the requirements then it can have strange issues such as stuttering or audio problems.

If you ever run into further issues on a system that does meet the requirements then feel free to reach out to us for further help.

Message 7 of 13 (7,526 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey,

Quick Summary: I have the same problems as SunsetLimited28, one can be fixed by restarting the game.

My PC specs are the same as the recommended specs needed to run this game. see DxDiag.txt. (Sorry, some words are Dutch)

I have the same problems as SunsetLimited28, the audio can be fixed by restarting the game. However, the audio issue happens more frequently after the latest update.

I found the steering wheel issue popping out of the car weird but I can live with that... its funny :D

But please fix it, if you can.

I have this weird issue where the game and my PC freeze when I am looking through my own Snapshots.

What I did to maybe solve the issue:

uninstalled and Installed the game again.

Disabled Origin in game

uninstalled and Installed the GPU drivers again (A clean install)

None of those things fixed the issue.

Should I Install Windows again?

Kind Regards,

Message 8 of 13 (6,374 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Bass_Senpai

I can't detect any issues on your dxdiag. You might want to have one more look at our PC troubleshooting guide to see if you missed any steps. If not, then doing a System Refresh is never a bad idea. Just make sure that you first backup any files that you don't want to lose.

Message 9 of 13 (6,358 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you Tom for your reply.

its very much appreciated.

Message 10 of 13 (6,345 Views)