Re: Need for Speed (2015) PC / DirectX 11 constant crash

by AlfSales

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed (2015) PC / DirectX 11 constant crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I bought "Need for Speed" a few days ago and since then I contacted "EA" support several times for help, but non of the provided information helped me.

The most common crash I get is on the attached file to this post. (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) I have tried all the possible steps on the internet which I could find. I am turning to this forum for more specific help for this issue.

"Drivers are up-to-date, did clean reboots and what not."

I am playing on a laptop: Asus G751JY, looked up benchmarks with the same setup as mine and the game runs perfectly without any crashes. My game also runs smoothly at 60fps, it is just this crash that does not let me enjoy it. Temperatures normally hover between 78-86 in-game.

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M

i7-4710 HQ

16GB - RAM

Windows 10 Pro

DirectX Version: 12 (Thought it is important in this case)

EDITED: After many attempts to solve my issue I have managed and this is how I did it. 
- I downloaded MSI Afterburner and downclocked my GPU by about 10% and since then I played for several hours straight without any crash. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (5,338 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Sevo_Zh

Hi,

I see that the community didn't get to your post yet. However, you've managed to resolve the issue for yourself in the meantime. That is good news!

I would like to thank you for updating this thread with the solution. I know that this is quite a common error message that players are getting in Need for Speed--I know that it will help out many players.

Have a nice weekend,

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (7,122 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Sevo_Zh

Hi,

I see that the community didn't get to your post yet. However, you've managed to resolve the issue for yourself in the meantime. That is good news!

I would like to thank you for updating this thread with the solution. I know that this is quite a common error message that players are getting in Need for Speed--I know that it will help out many players.

Have a nice weekend,

Message 2 of 4 (7,123 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Dear Tom,

The error still persists on my PC, which is above the recommended configurations for Need For Speed 2015, and it isn't playable. I already have it for a couple of weeks, constantly having problem running it, problems such as: directx issues, it doesn't recognize my GPU (Nvidia GTX 950m), some ".dll's" are missing, and so on. It is most unpleasant and I am thinking not to buy EA - related games anymore. You are on the verge to loose another client. Please solve this old problem once and for all! 

Message 3 of 4 (3,771 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, you saved my life.

Message 4 of 4 (3,002 Views)