Need For Speed Unbound won't launch in kids account

by 28445a51aac408e4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need For Speed Unbound won't launch in kids account

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I installed NFS Unbound from my administrator account and it works fine. When my kid tries to launch it from his account, which is controlled by Microsoft Family Safety, the game will not launch.  It says that it needs to install a companion app, then a small black window appears with nothing in it. It goes away after a few seconds and the game never starts. Can you please advise on how to get this game to work in a non-administrator account?

thanks

David

Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need For Speed Unbound won't launch in kids account

★★★ Newbie

It is on PC with Windows 10.  I had to change the child account to be an administrator, then launch the game one time. After that I could change the child account back to a standard user and the game still worked. Please ask the dev team to fix this.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (127 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @28445a51aac408e4, is this for PC or Xbox console?

/Atic
Atic.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP.  

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

If a post needs moderation, merging or cleaning, report the post and we will take a look. Nerd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 4 (165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is on PC with Windows 10.  I had to change the child account to be an administrator, then launch the game one time. After that I could change the child account back to a standard user and the game still worked. Please ask the dev team to fix this.

Message 3 of 4 (128 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for sharing! @28445a51aac408e4,

/Atic
Atic.png

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP.  

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

If a post needs moderation, merging or cleaning, report the post and we will take a look. Nerd

Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help