Re: Need For Speed Unbound stuck in Trial version

by paulcoll69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need For Speed Unbound stuck in Trial version

★★★ Newbie

I have EA play and got 10 hours of gameplay in Need for Speed Unbound but after i used 5 of my trial version hours i bought the game on steam, played for 1 or 2 days and today that i try to continue my campain (In the campain i just finnished the first week) it says i have to buy the game even though i already own it because i can only play up to that point in the campain with the tryal version but i can still play online races. I tryed opening it from origin as well but i still have the same problem and i even tryed to delete and reinstall it but nothing changed. My EA play expires in 3 days and i won't renew it so the problem might be fixed by then but i would prefer to be able to play the game i payed for before then if possible. Any advise on what else to try? 

Ty in advance.

Message 1 of 12 (3,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

If you go into your game files you should see 2 Need For Speed applications, the first one should be the normal game application and one should say trial at the end, delete the trial application and start it from steam and it should work, it did for me at least. For some reason every time you try to run the game it starts the trial application instead of the full game. I hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (3,338 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

If you go into your game files you should see 2 Need For Speed applications, the first one should be the normal game application and one should say trial at the end, delete the trial application and start it from steam and it should work, it did for me at least. For some reason every time you try to run the game it starts the trial application instead of the full game. I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 12 (3,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked, thank you!

Message 3 of 12 (3,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@2fb5e7d96cfae7ae I'm have that issue on xbox I've tried Uninstaling the game but it didn't fix it
Message 4 of 12 (3,262 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot if i knew who you are i would give you an icecream and a ride in my Fiat Seicento <3 

Message 5 of 12 (3,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what if there wasnt 2 different games? i bought on steam but went to my origin launcher and it had a trial version and a normal version of the game i deleted the trial version, but it also deleted the other version also deleted and reinstalled the game twice already?? any ideas

Message 6 of 12 (3,093 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@2fb5e7d96cfae7ae Thank you❤️
Message 7 of 12 (2,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@APEXDEPRESION Did you resolve it? If so, how? I contacted EA and went through a lot of steps and nothing has worked yet.
Message 8 of 12 (1,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I have solved this issue on Steam:

1. Right click on NFS Unbound

2. Show local files

3. Remove file named: NeedForSpeecUnboundTrial

4. Run Need For Speed Unbound from Steam.

Work just fine 💪

Message 9 of 12 (1,825 Views)

★★ Novice

This only worked until I rebooted my PC and it downloaded the trial .exe again. I think it's a steam issue. But this is exactly what I did.

Bought EA play sub.

Trial unbound. Liked it.

Bought it after 4-6 hours

Continued until it kicked me out because my trial expired.

Err... try and reboot the game. Nah son, buy it.

But I already did? Reinstall game

Trial expired.

Boot a second time, worked. wtf. Sink 140 or so hours into it over December.

Every time I boot the game for the first time, it errors saying trial expired.

grr.

I'm activly speaking to Steam support about this as I've had no response from EA.

Message 10 of 12 (1,767 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help