Need For Speed Payback Download Issue

by Parallelofam

Original Post

Need For Speed Payback Download Issue

★★★ Newbie

Hey there,

I recently bought Need For Speed Payback and the game won't download/install for me. It gets to 88% and then gives me an error message that I can't get past. Even if I manage to,the game is stuck at 88% download. Please help me fix this because I was really excited to play the game and now I can't. I've tried reinstalling the Origin Client and restarting the download,but none of it worked.

Message 1 of 6 (3,133 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Payback Download Issue

★★★★★ Newbie

got the same problem, i have tried to install directx from the folder Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.ex and get error also there

(the pic is in italian)

Message 2 of 6 (2,915 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

got the same problem, i have tried to install directx from the folder Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.ex and get error also there

(the pic is in italian)

Message 3 of 6 (2,914 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @jbeick @Parallelofam 

In this situation, I would recommend to also delete the unwanted DirectX files.

Just head to the same directory: Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\__Installer\directx\redist and delete all the files from there except for DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, DXSETUP.exe

Let me know if that helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 6 (2,825 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi Got the same problem and this solution worked. Thank you for your help and idea.
Message 5 of 6 (2,639 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thanks

Message 6 of 6 (2,500 Views)