Need For Speed PB wont launch

by Marsall17

Original Post

Need For Speed PB wont launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello. I have reinstalled my computer after purchasing some new pieces and upgrading it. And now NFS tough that it wont start. I did every single thing. Restart PC ,Restart wifi repair game. Ask EA Support chat reinstall computer, extreme injector stuff * from youtube, disable firewall anti virus use USA VPN clean booth disable cloud delete saves reinstall origin update origin everything you can imainge the only thing I haven't tried is to delete the game and leave it to rot...

I have:

Intel Pentium G440

GTX 1050Ti

8GB RAM

WINDOWS 10 PRO

and before I upgraded the game

run well not smoothly but at

at least worked 

INTEL PENTIUM G4400

Garbage GT 730 LOLZ

With 8GB RAM

I'm waiting for every answer you got.

My dxdiag is also there. If anyone needs it. And If the only option is to reinstall Windows I wont. My 1TB HDD is full of things I wouldn't reinstall... but every other solution is appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (579 Views)

Re: Need For Speed PB wont launch

Community Manager

@Marsall17

Your CPU is below the system requirements but you may be able to play using the following steps:

It is likely your machine is defaulting to the Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\NeedForSpeedPayback.exe
  6. Select NeedForSpeedPayback.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on. Thanks

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (530 Views)

★★ Novice

Did what you wrote. Went to Nvidia Control Panel. Added Payback closed. Still nothing. Origin goes to backround NFS shows up for a second or two in task Manager and origin pops back.

Message 3 of 6 (527 Views)

Community Manager

@Marsall17

It looks like your below min spec. CPU may be the issue.

You can compare your CPU and the minimum via these links:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+G4400+%40+3.30GHz

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i3-6300+%40+3.80GHz&id=2621

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (508 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm aware of that but as I mentioned the game worked before I have like 78-100hours In the game. With the same specs I wrote at the "before upgrade things" so my computer should be able to run it still but after the upgrade and reinstall NFS tought that he wont work...

Message 5 of 6 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem dude its like EA takes ur money and then looks over the bug its ridiculous
Message 6 of 6 (447 Views)