Need For Speed: Heat // Game Crash and Restarts PC

by NavFanbase

Original Post

Need For Speed: Heat // Game Crash and Restarts PC

★★ Novice

Looking for help on this Technical issue

Game randomly crashes. whole computer turns off and restarts.

most common place for it to do this is on start up. when it is the loading screen with the pink progress bar at the bottom. 

but also happens randomly after getting into the game. when entering garage and starting races.

specs:

windows 10 home 64 bit version 1909 ( build 18363) 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-Core

16GB RAM

DirectX12

Nvidia GTX 950

is there a crash dump file generated on crashes i can upload? 

Message 1 of 14 (1,502 Views)

Re: Need For Speed: Heat // Game Crash and Restarts PC

★★ Novice

bump.

no data is in CrashDumps folder 

Message 2 of 14 (1,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Bump Again. any mods/ EA staff?

have submitted a Live chat with EA but says 900 Min wait 

Message 3 of 14 (1,437 Views)

★★ Novice

bump. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,400 Views)

★ Novice

I am having exact same issue. I have however noticed if I change to borderless or window mode that they game runs fine then.

Message 5 of 14 (1,366 Views)

Community Manager

If you try a clean reinstall of your drivers does that have any impact on your game's stability? A full system shutdown is usually  indicative of a core system file issue, and graphics card drivers are a fairly common culprit.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 14 (1,308 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_David This has not helped me. Also only this game is crashing others are working fine.
Message 7 of 14 (1,286 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the update.

If you run the System File Checker does it find any issues?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 14 (1,268 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone figured out what is causing this issue I am also having this problem, I have noticed it seem to happen randomly sometimes during a race, sometimes while in the garage while tuning the car and sometimes while just driving through the map. I get a green screen with some random error exception code and my whole computer shuts-down and restarts at first I thought it was a controller issue so I bought a new Xbox one controller still happens, switched to my steam controller still happens used just straight mouse and keyboard still happens. My entire system is up to date and this only happens when I play this game.

Specs:

windows 10 home 64 bit version 1909

Intel i9-9900k CPU 3.60GHz

32GB Ram

SSD HDD

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti

DirectX 12

Custom Liquid cooling

Message 9 of 14 (1,145 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone figured out what is causing this issue I am also having this problem, I have noticed it seem to happen randomly sometimes during a race, sometimes while in the garage while tuning the car and sometimes while just driving through the map. I get a green screen with some random error exception code and my whole computer shuts-down and restarts at first I thought it was a controller issue so I bought a new Xbox one controller still happens, switched to my steam controller still happens used just straight mouse and keyboard still happens. My entire system is up to date and this only happens when I play this game. I have also tried all your recommendations and no change, I didn't get any errors from the scans

Message 10 of 14 (1,089 Views)