Need For Speed Heat Crash/Freeze PC

by n666ma

Original Post

Re: Need For Speed Heat Crash/Freeze PC

★★★ Newbie

Same Issue and I am a PC user. This doesn't happen in any other game nor have I had a freeze or a crash in recent memory. So hope the team at EA hears us and understands the issue is there and theirs, not ours. The biggest frustration is when EA tries to put the issue on the end user solely.

Message 21 of 41 (2,905 Views)

★ Novice

My problem is similar to this, but for me whenever I start up a race, it gets past the count down and the race starts and then maybe 50 to 100 yards into the race the game freezes completely and then crashes straight to desktop. I've swapped cars, tried races both during day and night, story missions, everything really and it happens regardless, always at the same distance as regardless of the race.

All the temperatures I'm seeing when playing are fine along with usages of CPU, GPU, and memory. 

Message 22 of 41 (2,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game keeps on crashing every 1-2 hours

I tryed different grafic settings (1080ti) nothing is working. Befor the first update i didn't have any problems. I have the feeling the crashes are getting more and more commen.

Message 23 of 41 (2,828 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've 2070 super, Overclocked and Apex and this both crash. Not sure why but annoying. On this game I drive a Viper with a * ton of decals on it :D 

Message 24 of 41 (2,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same to me.. it crashed or freeze with music in the background LOL... hope they will fix it Frown

Message 25 of 41 (2,783 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue as most of you described in here (PC platform), been through hell trouble shooting form fresh OS and drivers reinstall to network troubleshooting, G-Sync...

I can replicate this issue by using any vehicle with moderate to detailed wraps/skins (Downloaded and self created) and game will have freeze crash to desktop every time.

I have managed to have a temp fix that works for me and might work for you. I have removed all my vehicle wraps/skins and did a  game repair through Origin, after that I have long 5 hours+ stable game sessions day and night mode.

Give it a try, might work for you.

i7 8700k

RTX2080ti

32GB RAM

500GB SAMSUNG evo PCIe NVME

Clean Win 10 OS with latest NVIDIA drivers and Origin with NFS Heat installed only.

Message 26 of 41 (2,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As i sad is getting worse. I cant even complet 1 race now.

Deleting all your decals works for many people but i wont do that because to many hours have gone into my decals.

Hope it will be fixed soon! O_0

Message 27 of 41 (2,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah that's the exact same crash I get, the music keeps playing but the screen just freezes and then I have to close it with task manager 

@Krenzzler wrote:

SAME! Before I bought the Evo 9 a few hours ago, I seemed to only crash after body modding/paint editing once, then I was good all day. But immediately after buying the Evo 9, I can't even finish a single race. It's also the same type of crash as before. I'm going, game freezes, audio gets stuck, black screen, back to desktop.

Message 28 of 41 (2,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, but I have a SLI of 1070, and when I deactivate the SLI, the game crash a bit less.
But it's freaking annoying, I have to restart everything I've done on the night, I loose every progression every time...

Come on EA and Ghost Games… Code better your games or at least do a quick patch… It's unplayable, I paid 50€ for a non working game...

Message 29 of 41 (2,565 Views)

★ Apprentice
@n666ma So I posted solutions that worked for some people, hope something works for u Standard smile

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/CRASH-BSOD-SOLUTION-PC/m-p/8466846#M2291
Message 30 of 41 (2,434 Views)