Re: Need Bindings for Non Cardinal Directions on HOTAS Hats ( Diagonals )

by BrunUK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need Bindings for Non Cardinal Directions on HOTAS Hats ( Diagonals )

★★★★★ Novice

Unable to bind Wheel commands to targeting Radial, only options are up down left and right, but there are 4 more diagonals that are unable to be bound as the game will not recognize any of my 6 8 way HATS on my HOTAS as 8 way ( or at least will not allow me to bind them

For example the Targeting Radial has 8 selections, but because of the binding options, you can only do the cardinal directions, and not Upper Left, or Lower Left.

using Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Targeting wheel works fine if you use the trim hat as the default POV control.

The POV hat is unique in direct x because it outputs diagonals from just four physical switches. None of the warthogs other hats do likewise. If you want to use something other than the trim hat, you'd need to remap it using TARGET.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Targeting wheel works fine if you use the trim hat as the default POV control.

The POV hat is unique in direct x because it outputs diagonals from just four physical switches. None of the warthogs other hats do likewise. If you want to use something other than the trim hat, you'd need to remap it using TARGET.

Message 2 of 3 (226 Views)

★★ Novice
@LordAnkah My issue is just the remapping to the stick thumb switch. It does not bind for me and everything else does. ED and DCS have no issues with mapping it.
Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)