Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: NPC eye problems, diffuse and specular requiring fixes

by ZethN64DD

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@AN6314 The PeeBee image comparison does seem to have the same flatness to the eyewhites on both versions. Hard to tell on the other one with those lighting differences but the pupil change is obvious, yeah.

Message 11 of 21 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to agree that the eyes do seem a bit lifeless at times. Like soulless zombie eyes but I thought it was just due to the bad animations. This could be what was off though. Just put a lot of DA I pics next to Andromeda and fix as much as you can for MEA guys. Thanks in advance for the cool game.

Message 12 of 21 (696 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you Ottemis for adding in your edits as well! It really is very apparent on the darker skinned PC/NPCs.  Also thank you to everyone for all your support on this thread! Please share and point people to this thread to get more support toward it. I really want to see Andromeda succeed and I think this simple fix will help a ton in regards to some of the complaints with the characters.

Message 13 of 21 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did a few more edits to show the big difference it really adds to the characters!

Message 14 of 21 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

These all look so much better. This seems like an easy fix...hopefully Bioware will patch it in.

Message 15 of 21 (569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Totally in favor of this!

Message 16 of 21 (527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seems like a simple fix, I can't know for sure. But I really hope they take this advice, its small but it changes a lot. 

Message 17 of 21 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Looks like this will go into the next patch on Thursday the 6th of April! Excited to see what they've done to improve this.

Message 18 of 21 (475 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much everyone for all your support toward this! It looks like our voices have been heard and we will soon have a fix! I can't wait to see Bioware's fix this Thursday! You can see it's listed for the upcoming patch down below!  Thank you again everyone!

Message 19 of 21 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After going through some of the game with the new patch, I can say the new eyes look MUCH BETTER! The characters don't look dead plastic as they did before! Put together a quick comparison, much much much better! I even noticed some new animations regarding addison when she says 'her face is tired' she actually puts her hand up to her face as if stressed. All I can say is great work Bioware and I can't wait to see more fixes in the upcoming months! Standard smile

Message 20 of 21 (1,074 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help