NHL 22 Dual Entitlement & Account Content Migration

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

NHL 22 Dual Entitlement & Account Content Migration

Community Manager

Dual Entitlement.JPG

DUAL ENTITLEMENT

When you purchase the EA SPORTS™ NHL® 22 X-Factor Edition for Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation®5, you will also be able to play it on Xbox One and PlayStation®4, respectively. If you purchase the X-Factor Edition for Xbox One or PlayStation®4, you can also play it on Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation®5, respectively.The Standard Edition does not include Dual Entitlement on any platform. Players who start playing NHL 22 on PlayStation®4 or Xbox One will be able to transfer their HUT Team value and progress to the game on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S.

Our #1 goal during the transition to a new generation of consoles is to ensure that none of your favorite modes or features get left behind. We're happy to say that players can find everything they love about NHL 22 on both generations of consoles, as well as a long list of new improvements that we will continue sharing before the game launches on October 15.

HUT CONTENT MIGRATION

Players who start playing NHL 22 on PlayStation®4 or Xbox One (current gen) will be able to transfer their HUT Team value and progress to PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S (next gen) NHL 22, meaning that:

Users can protect up to 20 player items and one Coach in their current lineup and transfer those over to a new console. Only users that have created a current gen team before creating a next gen team (and only after the feature becomes available in December) are able to protect and transfer that current lineup to NHL 22 on next gen.

The rest of their HUT Team progress and inventory will be calculated and evaluated for determining the number of tradeable Packs to be rewarded in Ultimate Team on their new console.

Once content is transferred from current gen, that content on next gen will be converted to untradeable for security reasons.

This one-time content migration will be available in December 2021.

CONTENT MIGRATION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• What NHL 22 modes can I carry over progression from current gen consoles (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) to next gen consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S)?
Users can carry over their HUT progression to next gen (if they created their HUT team on a current gen console). No other mode is doing a progression transfer.

• Can I play online with someone on a different platform or generation?
Users are only able to play NHL 22 with other users that are playing on the same gen version of NHL 22. Microsoft and Sony users are also not able to play each other.

• Are the HUT economies connected between generations?
None of the HUT economies are connected between generations. There will be 4 different economies in NHL 22, one for each console.

• Can I carry over progression back and forth between generations? (i.e. PS4 to PS5 AND PS5 to PS4)
Users that have created a HUT team on a current gen consle will have the option to do a onetime-only progression transfer of their HUT account from a current gen console to a next gen console.

• Will my pre-order content* transfer between generations?
Pre-order content from a current gen version will be brought over to next gen when you make your next gen HUT Team. It will continue where it left off. Example: Xbox One HUT team has 2 out of 5 weeks of pre-order content. When they create their HUT team on Xbox Series X|S, they will receive the last 3 of 5 weeks of pre-order content on both generation HUT accounts.

If you want an exact player item that you redeemed from pre-order content (i.e., X-Factor Player Choice Pack items) transferred to your next gen squad, it must be part of your protected team if you want to have it on your next gen HUT Team. Otherwise, all redeemed pre-order content value will be evaluated alongside the rest of your HUT team progress and inventory to determine the tradeable Packs that you receive in NHL 22 on your next gen console.

** Conditions and restrictions apply. See www.ea.com/games/nhl/game-and-offer-disclaimers for details.

(Source: Official Site)

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 19 (9,385 Views)

Re: NHL 22 Dual Entitlement & Account Content Migration

★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I don't understand why paying for 2 different versions of nhl 22, where they are literally the same game... I've played the series x version as well as the Xbox one version, there seems to be no difference at all... so why can we play with people on different generations of consoles? Kinda scratching my head on this one...
Message 2 of 19 (9,099 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been rewarded preorder pack on the wrong version of the game (PS4 instead of PS5) because of these issues and lack of crossplatforming.
Vancouver EA team has been stuck in early 2010's.
Shame

Message 3 of 19 (9,086 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Gamatru I have the same issue with xbox. I got xbox one preorder packs but didnt get any for my Xbox S. I've reached out to EA they said I have to talk to Xbox and xbox said they dont cover this issue. Not sure what to do to get the content I paid for
Message 4 of 19 (9,071 Views)

Community Manager

@Teal_Shark88 wrote:
@Gamatru I have the same issue with xbox. I got xbox one preorder packs but didnt get any for my Xbox S. I've reached out to EA they said I have to talk to Xbox and xbox said they dont cover this issue. Not sure what to do to get the content I paid for

Your content will be assigned to whichever HUT team you logged into first. You do not receive them on both. 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 19 (9,063 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I logged on on PS5 first, as I said.

Message 6 of 19 (9,060 Views)

Community Manager

@Gamatru 

Unfortunately, Our Support team are not going to be able to help move the content from one generation team to another as that feature is not available through their tools. The NHL team will have the option to move the HUT content from PS4 to PS5 in December. If you need to, submit a case to our Advisors at our Help site so a case can be created and tracked for this issue being reported. These cases are logged and our teams can determine if any unexpected issues took place for accounts not properly receiving content. Thus far, we're not aware of any known issues on content hitting the incorrect accounts that logged in first. 

EA Help on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 19 (9,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I saw atleast two people with this issue on this forum. Your support team told me players can not be transferred for me neither now nor December.

So I must play forever with downgraded team because of machine error, right?

I dropped 100$ in the trash and support team don’t care about their clients, yeah?

Message 8 of 19 (9,046 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I submitted a case on Sunday Oct 17 that I received my preorder packs on the wrong version of the game. I only downloaded series s/x version. Played the 10 hour trial & 3 day early access on the series s/x version only. Played the series s/x version Oct 15 & 16 still no preorder packs or points that I purchased. Check my download history. Downloaded the xbox one version Oct 16 because I had a suspicion that everything would show up on that version. The preorder packs & points that I ordered showed up on the xbox one version.

Message 9 of 19 (9,013 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The same for me. PS4 version downloaded automatically oct.11. If I hadn’t run PS4 on day offs I would realise I did not receive packs and CS fed me up with promises.

Message 10 of 19 (9,001 Views)