NHL 22 Crashing

by Toaster_Domalew

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 22 Crashing

★★★ Newbie

NHL 22 freezes then crashes Xbox Series X. Have tried all troubleshooting steps. Anyone have a fix? I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue.

Message 1 of 87 (18,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 22 Crashing

Community Manager

UPDATE:

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 87 of 87 (6,187 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@Toaster_Domalew It's crashed a couple of times for me on the PS4 while playing BAP mode
Message 2 of 87 (18,414 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Toaster_Domalew this also happens to me on xbox one as well as one s.
i know its not a fix
but if i click on the game go into the menu and close it fully by clicking "quit game" before i do a hard restart.
the game works fine on restart.

hopefully you can get some playtime!
Message 3 of 87 (18,351 Views)

Community Manager

@NommNom2 wrote:
@Toaster_Domalew this also happens to me on xbox one as well as one s.
i know its not a fix
but if i click on the game go into the menu and close it fully by clicking "quit game" before i do a hard restart.
the game works fine on restart.

hopefully you can get some playtime!

@NommNom2 

Are you closing it down from quick resume or closing down the app in general? If games aren't fully closed down it can always lead up to crashing.

For those experiencing crashes, here are some tips we recommend:

1. If you have anything plugged into the console's USB drives try removing all those devices. I've seen some controller charging docks conflict with games in the past that lead to performance issues. I tried plugging in my phone charger in the past and that lead to slow menu navigation. Best to remove all devices and power cycle your console to see if there is any effect.
  2. If you use an external hard drive, check to see if files are located on both drives. If so, you'll need to uninstall all the files from both drives and re-install. Make sure before you re-install, you enable all post-installation updates to go to the same drive. If you continue to experience crashes, try installing the game to the internal drive with the external drive detached.
  3. IMPORTANT. Plug your console directly into the wall outlet. The Xbox has a built in surge protector. Not doing so can lead to [potential crashes or console shutdowns. 
  4. Clear up room on your hard drive if it's close to being full.
  5. Power cycle your console with these steps below.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

How to power cycle your PlayStation console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4/5 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 5 minutes. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 87 (18,336 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yes im aware of all this.

do you not see an issue with ea putting games out that have this many issues?

bro ive never had to unplug my phone, reroute my internet, re wire my home, and sell my first born child to play a game on my xbox before...
especially not one thats re-released every 12 months at a premium $100+ price....

these are issues you see from indy games...

Message 5 of 87 (18,306 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am running into the consistent unexpected errors while playing EASHL. I’ve never had this happen on NHL games before and it does not happen on any other games . My internet tests fine and isn’t cutting out or lagging . Over the past 3 days I’ve been booted out of 75% of my games . 

Message 6 of 87 (18,299 Views)

NHL 22 freezing and unresponsive

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 22
Platform:Xbox Series S
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into any mode and try to enter a game. Happens both online and offline
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes in preview teams screen and completely unresponsive to any controls
What do you expect to see? Press advance and continue to the start game screen
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT rush, HUT squad battles, Be a Pro, Franchise mode, HUT rivals
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? CanadianRuler12
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Game consistently freezes in every mode when try to start a game

Message 7 of 87 (18,237 Views)

Re: NHL 22 freezing and unresponsive

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, I can't do anything!! Every single game mode freezes during side selection. Even the store says "store error" no packs available.

Message 8 of 87 (18,186 Views)

Nhl 22 shutting down Xbox Series X

★ Apprentice

Playing series x/s version on series x, nhl 22 randomly turns off the console mid game playing Chel. Probably o'clock every couple hours.

Message 9 of 87 (18,194 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can I please get some help with this ?? It’s happening every game . I am never able to get a full game in please help . I have tried all the suggested information above . I truly believe I just have a bad copy of the game . This never happens in any other game nor has it happened in any EA games before . 

Message 10 of 87 (18,142 Views)