NHL 22 Controller Vibration Issue

by wirysquirrel500

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 22 Controller Vibration Issue

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same exact problems. Vibrations don’t work in any mode but the controller vibrates fine in other games. It says I have the controller vibrations on within the game but nothing happens. There must be some sort of interference between the controller and the game. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know it would be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 61 (14,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 22 Controller Vibration Issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

I checked some solution for this and it worked.

I turned my PS4 off, I pluged my controller to the PS4 with USB cable, then I turned it on by PS button and then I ran the NHL. Next, I made sure the vibrations in Accessability > Controller Accessability (Main Menu) are ON and then I saved the Gameplay Preset by giving it a name. Then I made sure (in More > Settings > Controller Settings) the vibrations are ON. And finally, I went to Play Now and ran a game against CPU to check if this works. IT IS! You can unplug the USB cable.

I would say I can enjoy the game with vibrations again (Versus and EASHL mode), but they are noticeably weak. Three times weaker than in NHL 21. My controller barely vibrates when I hit an opponent.

I hope it's helpful for everyone. And I hope the EA team will fix the vibrations soon and will make them stronger like they were in previous NHL games, because they are really weak.

View in thread

Message 10 of 61 (13,879 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @wirysquirrel500 

This is an issue we're aware of and investigating. At this time, we don't have any other details so keep an eye on our official channels for updates. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 61 (14,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same issue here with the vibration. Played couch co-op online with my friend. Other controller had vibration and other didn’t. Tried even third and fouth controller but still only the main controller had vibrations. All settings was ok in game and console. Please look into this issue since it is really frustrating to play without vibrations..

Edited: platform is PS4 

Message 3 of 61 (14,138 Views)

Community Manager

@Kopezki92 @wirysquirrel500 

Can you try plugging in your controllers and see if that makes a difference? I had someone else report this took care of the issue.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 61 (14,115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This unfortunately didn’t work for me. Is there anything else that might help?

Message 5 of 61 (14,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve just gotten used to exiting the game and soft resetting my console every time I play. Great bug 

Message 6 of 61 (14,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wirysquirrel500 Soft reset your console. I have to do it by quitting the game as soon as I notice no vibration every time I play.
Message 7 of 61 (14,049 Views)

★★ Guide
@wirysquirrel500 The controller vibration is working for me on PS4 after trying it with a controller plugged in but it's really weak feeling
Message 8 of 61 (14,029 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, everyone. We're continuing to look into the lack of vibration on controllers. If there are any other workarounds, I'll post an update here. Otherwise, we'll need to wait and see what happens after the investigation completes.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 61 (13,936 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I checked some solution for this and it worked.

I turned my PS4 off, I pluged my controller to the PS4 with USB cable, then I turned it on by PS button and then I ran the NHL. Next, I made sure the vibrations in Accessability > Controller Accessability (Main Menu) are ON and then I saved the Gameplay Preset by giving it a name. Then I made sure (in More > Settings > Controller Settings) the vibrations are ON. And finally, I went to Play Now and ran a game against CPU to check if this works. IT IS! You can unplug the USB cable.

I would say I can enjoy the game with vibrations again (Versus and EASHL mode), but they are noticeably weak. Three times weaker than in NHL 21. My controller barely vibrates when I hit an opponent.

I hope it's helpful for everyone. And I hope the EA team will fix the vibrations soon and will make them stronger like they were in previous NHL games, because they are really weak.

Message 10 of 61 (13,880 Views)