NHL 21 randomly crashes

by xxkillabeatxx

Original Post

Re: NHL 21 randomly crashes

★★ Novice
@xxkillabeatxx So this still happens to me at least once a day. Series x. None of the typical troubleshooting stuff does anything. What i mean is it -may-
But temporarily. Onboard ssd. If it quick resumes and doesnt log me out i may be okay but if it says login change i completely quit out. (Though sub topic, ea sports bootloop even still occasionally)
Ive reinstalled everything multiple times so if its a corrupt file it seems like its on EA end tbh. This the only game ive got that does this nonsense. Cyberpunk doesnt do it, mk11 doesnt do it. Idk seems like a memory crash/hang and ill tell you this
I only play offline. Happens with normal season and be a pro. Never did this on my xbox one x (to my knowledge, that went out of commission close to year ago now) or my sons regular xbox one. I think, though cant recall, its 90% of the time a mode in which im using my custom player. Similar to op, approximately 1 out of 10 games. This will include once the crash occurs, power cycling and deleting cache, and retching save game data. Be fine for a bit, oops forgot to save after 9 games or so, now gotta do it all over again.
BaP i had a lot of issues to the point i can usually tell "this game or the next will hang"
Sim to next shift (usually clicking triggers and a, yes i know wont make faster) and itll be like no goalie in one net and the camera panning is 60fps. End of game where leaving the ice and the coach says great job or whatever (or not) the grade menu will still be overlayed on the right side of the screen to press b to sim to next shift or that it currently is.

Actually something just hit me. OP did you ever have the demo/beta before the release? Rollover (unfinished) data would make some kind of sense if it were any sort of common denominator. The other being the series x which is what prompted my reply
Message 21 of 26 (636 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @zero0ne666 

If you turn your console off, the connection is lost. Even when using Quick Resume. This is normal with online games. It's possible Cyberpunk doesn't need an online connection. I'm really not sure. However, in NHL, you shouldn't get disconnected if you're playing an offline mode. HUT and World of Chel require an online connection so those modes will disconnect when your console is turned off.

Aljo.png
Message 22 of 26 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

My bigger issue is the memory crash not disconnect. Though theres the thing at the top saying cant connect to ea servers that gets me in a bootloop sometimes and including BAP (again, dont do much online anything.) My persistent issue is mid game of BAP (has happened 3s offline couple times too) but BAP has been my main mode for months now. Play, notice the patterns for crash, cant stop it, hear the RRRRNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT sound then im at my home screen

Message 23 of 26 (604 Views)

Community Manager

@zero0ne666

You may have a corrupt save. It's possible you could delete your personal saved data and download the save again from the cloud to resolve this. To do that, highlight the NHL 21 tile and hit the Menu button on your controller. It's the small one to the right of the Guide button with the 3 horizontal lines on it. Then, go to Manage game & add-ons. Next, go to Saved Data and delete the file with your gamertag on it. Don't delete it from everywhere though. Just choose the option to delete the local save. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 26 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

Literally did that and pretty sure i specified in my original comment. No amount of deleting and reinstall etc nor any other standard troubleshooting solves the issue. I have no doubt the high probability of a corrupt save causing the memory crash. However, it wouldnt be local itd be ea server side permanently corrupt.

Another high probability is corruption of actual game code. Maybe last update changed a necessary byte sector or something idk. What i do know with programming is "this 100% should absolutely work no problem" is true for the most part but only on paper

Message 25 of 26 (590 Views)

Community Manager

@zero0ne666 

You could try deleting from everywhere, but that will most likely cause your save file to be deleted. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to just start over with a new BaP. If you choose to do that, make sure you're saving and quitting when you're done playing. Switching to a different game/app or just turning off your console without saving can cause corrupt saves.

Aljo.png
Message 26 of 26 (586 Views)