NHL 21 randomly crashes

by xxkillabeatxx

Original Post

Re: NHL 21 randomly crashes

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I can confirm yes both home and away. Also happens in eashl and private eashl games.
Message 11 of 26 (462 Views)

Community Manager

@xxkillabeatxx 

Can you try removing as much customization as possible on your player and try to make them as default as possible? Do you know if you changed anything right before this started happening? Like, switching to a particular piece of gear maybe?

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 26 (450 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo So I think I found the issue. I’ve played the last 3 nights with zero issues. When using my series x I would just shut my Xbox off at the end of the night. So every time I would load up NHL it would quick resume. Cool feature but i believe that I’ve only had an issue with the game crashing when I’ve loaded it with quick resume. First game will crash and then I have to restart the game and it’s fine.
Message 13 of 26 (447 Views)

Community Manager

@xxkillabeatxx 

That makes sense. I've noticed the quick resume feature doesn't seem to work as well with games that require an online connection. I had issues with NHL connecting when using quick resume. There's another game I play that has problems connecting if I don't completely exit out of it when I'm done. What you may want to try next time you finish playing is to shut down NHL. This way, you have to reload it instead of leaving it running and resuming. That has been working for me and isn't requiring a hard restart every time.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 26 (445 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Yea last cpl days I’ve just shut the game right down. And I’ve had no issues with it. ☺️ If it happens with a fresh boot I will be sure to update. Thank you for your help
Message 15 of 26 (430 Views)

Community Manager

@xxkillabeatxx 

You're welcome! Just reach out again if anything comes up. Thanks and good luck on the ice Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 26 (419 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Absolutely not sure if you can relay a message but. Some of the weekly challenges are difficult to get. Mainly the PRO am challenges that require you to make a certain amount of saves. I face maybe 3-5 shots a challenge in the pro am. The computer players on the opposing team are just not skilled enough. Every game it’s like 20-5 in shots for my team. Makes it super long and frustrating to get the challenges done. Food for thought Standard smile. Would love to see pro am have different lvls of difficulty and maybe offer better xp depending on the skill lvl you choose to play Standard smile
Message 17 of 26 (415 Views)

Community Manager

@xxkillabeatxx 

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you're playing as a goalie. Normally if I needed more shots against, I'd probably purposely take a penalty. You could try skating the puck outside the trapezoid, but not sure that's doable on Pro-Am if it's using Threes Eliminator rules.

Aljo.png
Message 18 of 26 (412 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Haha yea trying to get my holiday equipment Standard smile I’m a huge fan of the challenges and the unique gear. Also please bring skills competition to BAP 🥺🥺🥺 EA NHL is advanced enough to do it. Skill mini games would be awesome. I think last time it was in the game was nhl 97. I have some really cool ideas for skill based games. I’ve been playing ea nhl since day one ❤️
Message 19 of 26 (378 Views)

Community Manager

@xxkillabeatxx 

Thanks for the suggestions. Mini-games would certainly be fun. I hope they're included someday Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 20 of 26 (350 Views)