Re: NHL 21 disk corrupt!

by tmarietti

Original Post

NHL 21 disk corrupt!

★ Novice

Bought NHL21 by disk at a store and it won’t load. Says data is corrupt. Called the store and they are getting tons of calls all the same !???

Message 1 of 13 (812 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @tmarietti 

For help with a bad disk, you'll need to contact the retailer you purchased the game from for replacement.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 13 (773 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks. But A bunch have already done that and the replacement disk is doing the same thing. Ugh  I’m about to return and try buying it online as a download instead. My son really wanted the cover jacket though 

Message 3 of 13 (770 Views)

Community Manager

@tmarietti 

I'm very sorry for the trouble. This is the first I'm hearing of this. Did you receive a code with the game? If so, I believe that will still be applied to your account if you get the digital version.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 13 (768 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thanks. I went ahead and returned it for the gift card and they let me keep the code.  He is downloading it now. Fingers crossed it works 

Message 5 of 13 (753 Views)

Community Manager

@tmarietti 

Great. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 13 (750 Views)

★ Novice

The download worked. He just doesn’t have the jacket. Which he wanted cause he has all the others. But he’s happy playing the game now!! 

Message 7 of 13 (736 Views)

Community Manager

@tmarietti 

That's great that it's working now. Really glad to hear it. I'm not sure what the jacket is that he's talking about though. The pre-order items are described here. I'm going to be out for the next couple of days, but I can try to help with this when I return.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 13 (732 Views)

★ Novice

You know when you buy a disk in a case...the jacket is the sleeve ...the pic with Ovi on it.  He still has the pew order coupon so when does he put that in?  I heard the you can play rewind starting oct 30. Thanks 

Message 9 of 13 (728 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo My son is experiencing the same problem. I am online with XBOX tech support and they sent me here. The issue is that like the OP, my son wants the hard copy with the cover art because he has been collecting them for ever. It is great that the download will work, but we have already paid for a hard copy and want the disk and the game to work.

What is EA going to do about the technical issue?
Message 10 of 13 (713 Views)