NHL 21 World of Chel - Ones or Threes Matchmaking Issue

by ixpapasmurf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 21 World of Chel - Ones or Threes Matchmaking Issue

★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with Matchmaking Issue in the Would of Chel that I was hoping someone can assist me with. I am playing on Xbox One.

To start off I have had very little issue getting into EASHL Drop in and have been able to complete games with no issue. Same with HUT. I am hard wired and my NAT is Open, and any other multiplayer games work with no issues..

I believe this has to do with the Matchmaking screen after hitting ready to play Ones or Threes Eliminator. It says population high and Avg search around 9 seconds. I get locked into this Matchmaking screen where it says Round 1. I cannot back out and will sit at this screen and end up sitting here for several minutes until it either kicks me to the World of Chel main menu or I close the game out. When I do get kicked out it gives me a removed from the game message stating "You have been removed from the dressing room", when never actually seeing or being in a dressing room.. I have heard voice chat a few times, making me believe that I am possibly in the dressing room but my screen will not transition to it. The matchmaking "wheel" will endlessly spin, and I get no where. I have hard reset my router and Xbox. and done everything except reinstall the game in fear of losing my Be a Pro progress.

Any ideas on what will fix this? I will respond asap if any more info is needed.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18 (2,138 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 21 World of Chel - Ones or Threes Matchmaking Issue

Community Manager

Hi there, @ixpapasmurf,

Are you using a custom gamerpic by chance? If so, try setting it to something default and let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (2,128 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @ixpapasmurf,

Are you using a custom gamerpic by chance? If so, try setting it to something default and let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 18 (2,129 Views)

★ Novice

YES! That was it! I did have a custom Gamerpic, once I changed it to a default. I got right into a game.

Thank you so much! @EA_Aljo 

Message 3 of 18 (2,125 Views)

Community Manager

@ixpapasmurf 

Great! If you have any other issues, please let us know. Good luck on the ice!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 18 (2,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Aljo wrote:

Hi there, @ixpapasmurf,

How is this even a problem???? Get your stuff together EA.

Message 5 of 18 (1,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Aljo wrote:

Hi there, @ixpapasmurf,

I was playing 3s elim today and everyone else had custom gamerpics. So not sure why this is the solution. Why do I need to change to a default gamerpic and everyone else in my game didn't? That doesn't make any sense.

Message 6 of 18 (1,826 Views)

Community Manager

@hockeydude1221 

Can you try changing it and see if it makes a difference? There are some people that had this problem resolve after using a default gamerpic.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 18 (1,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ixpapasmurfis the problem completely fixed or does it still happen a few times? I have removed my custom image and the files from my Xbox, it still happens often.

Message 8 of 18 (1,534 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Julien_Benedik 

Besides removing the custom gamerpic, what other troubleshooting have you done? I'd like to avoid having you repeat those steps.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 18 (1,490 Views)

★★ Novice

I have deleted my custom picture (as well as the jpeg files off my Xbox), moving my game from my external hard drive to my internal hard drive, and hard restarting my Xbox. I should also mention I am game sharing. 

Message 10 of 18 (1,469 Views)