NHL 21 WoC

by Erdahl13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NHL 21 WoC

★★★ Newbie

So a friend of mine just got NHL 21. It won’t let him edit his name at all. It keeps it at “Joe NHL” he has tried his real name and it says “profanity detected” he has tried many names and every one he tries, it still says “profanity detected” what’s going on here?! He even tried using “Fun” for his first name, and even that said there was profanity. He has the last 4 NHL games to come out and has never had this issue.

Message 1 of 9 (454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NHL 21 WoC

Community Manager

@Erdahl13 

You're welcome. I'm really sorry for the trouble. This is the first year of the new profanity filter. Hopefully, over time, we'll get it performing better. Your friend might be able to alter the spelling of their name to get it to work. Possibly, something like Aarron or Aaronn would work. It's frustrating to have to do this though. For sure I understand that.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (395 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Erdahl13 

The profanity filter is a lot more strict this year. Your friend will just need to keep trying.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 9 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Keep trying his name? Or other names? Thanks
Message 3 of 9 (443 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo His first name is Aaron and it is saying that is profanity..
Message 4 of 9 (441 Views)

Community Manager

@Erdahl13 

He'll just have to keep trying various names until one works. I'm very sorry. I know it's frustrating, but we've had to make the profanity filter very strict due to the extreme amount of offensive content that was being created.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 9 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo So just so I have this right. He won’t be able to use his actual name. Am I understanding this correctly?
Message 6 of 9 (434 Views)

Community Manager

@Erdahl13 

He won't be able to use any combination of letters the filter deems to be profane. 

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 9 (421 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Well that’s a bit ridiculous that he can’t use his own name and it can’t even get reviewed or looked at to confirm there is no profanity.. but I understand where you are coming from. Thanks for the your quick responses and help. Much appreciated.
Message 8 of 9 (403 Views)

Community Manager

@Erdahl13 

You're welcome. I'm really sorry for the trouble. This is the first year of the new profanity filter. Hopefully, over time, we'll get it performing better. Your friend might be able to alter the spelling of their name to get it to work. Possibly, something like Aarron or Aaronn would work. It's frustrating to have to do this though. For sure I understand that.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 9 (396 Views)