NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

by Temets

Original Post

Re: NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

Community Manager

@ABUSEU905 

The problem is the connection to your router. Are you sure you're running this test on a wired connection? It looks like you're testing on a PC that is wireless.

Aljo.png
Message 61 of 85 (714 Views)

★★★ Novice

So i tried it with the isp router and then i tried it with the gaming router i have attached.  Its a wired connection.  Just not understanding why its acting up.  It was better for a bit though

Message 62 of 85 (711 Views)

Community Manager

@ABUSEU905 

Can you tell me more about your set up? Are you using 2 different routers? If so, what is the reason for that? You really should only need one router.

Aljo.png
Message 63 of 85 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

I started with my isp modem and router but was having problems.  I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk gaming router to control bandwidth on my network.  I put the modem into bridge mode and use only the router but its the same thing.  The connection to the servers may start out ok but half way through games it become so delayed.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Message 64 of 85 (693 Views)

Community Manager

@ABUSEU905 

In the last test you provided, were you using the Nighthawk router? Was it the only router connected to your modem? Your test is showing a really bad connection to the router. That's where the trouble is starting.

Aljo.png
Message 65 of 85 (684 Views)

★★ Novice

I had and have the same issue , players move like semi trailers, aim is off , pucks go through players players don’t track loose pucks, delete saved data in your application management files , go into safe modem rebuild your data base. Everything will be normal for your session.

i recommend each time you sign in that you play a hut challenge, you will notice a performance difference right away , then repeat steps above, it’s annoying but it’s the only thing that works for me.

Message 66 of 85 (663 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have input delay lag /button delay, it’s been going on for many hours now. Unpowerd my Modem and Router, but still same *. Currently on a looooong losing streak in Rivals
I’m about to get relegated one division thanks to his crap!

EA seriously, what a hell is going on here?

Message 67 of 85 (656 Views)

Community Manager

@Knuten21 

Did you try the alternate DNS servers I suggested in the other post we're discussing your issues in?

Aljo.png
Message 68 of 85 (643 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Thanks for reply.

I changed the DNS and also enabled QoS on my router, the game seems to run much better now. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Message 69 of 85 (626 Views)

Community Manager

@Knuten21 

Great! If you have any other issues, please let us know. Good luck on the ice!

Aljo.png
Message 70 of 85 (617 Views)