Re: NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Community Manager

@MaraSGc 

Thanks for the feedback. We'll keep an eye out for this.

Aljo.png
Message 81 of 85 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

bro i have the same issue the game is fine no choppiness but with hut its delayed a little bit so when i hit my bumper to pass the puck it takes a bit longer ive tried playing on the lower settings too and none of it helped and in Online Versus mode i have no lag like this at all get back to me asp dude

Message 82 of 85 (715 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Temets i have the same issue too my game in hut has input lag where you can't pass the puck right away when it should cause i pressed the bumper its slow and delayed but there is no in game lag which is very weird so its gotta be EA and there servers cause Online Versus does not have any issues at all.
Message 83 of 85 (715 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Peytond2000FTW Hi, I can feel you but I didn't manage to fix this. Last time I played HUT was in January.

But two weeks ago I tried one match again and it didn't feel so bad anymore. I think it is because there are not that many players anymore in HUT this late of NHL21. Still I cannot be certain about this because I had a pretty long break before my last match two weeks ago.

I think players who just play HUT a lot get used to a little delay.

Message 84 of 85 (694 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

We're not aware of any server issues as they've been able to handle the load since the game was at its peak. There are many different variables that can cause lag. Even down to your HDMI cable. Especially if you're using one of the new consoles. 

@Peytond2000FTW 

Online Versus uses a peer to peer connection. If you're in a more remote area, it's possible this could be a better connection than when you're playing in one of the modes using dedicated servers due to the distance your data is traveling. Regardless, we can go through some troubleshooting. What system are you playing on and do you use a wired or wireless connection?

Also, passing is never instant as it takes a moment to make the pass. This is due to the physical requirements of passing. This can take a moment, but if it's exceptionally long and you notice a delay with everything else, that could be lag. One good way to check is when switching players. That should be very quick or almost instant, but if you're lagging, it should take a moment to happen.

If you haven't in a while, it would be good to power cycle your equipment with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 85 of 85 (658 Views)