Re: NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

by MaraSGc

Original Post

★ Guide

Hi, I have a problem with the delay of the players' reaction, it is not visible, but it makes the game unplayable, usually the game starts well, but after some time the delay starts .. otherwise I play on cable, I have VDSL connection via cable, and according to several UO trace tests all good and ping stable 22ms, and despite that they simply feel the delay of the players .. I have already tried all the options, but nothing helped .. I'm from the Czech Republic, so if someone had a similar problem and could advise me what else to try? Thank you..

Message 71 of 85 (771 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all.

I know this doesn't impact everyone in this thread but wanted to throw it in here as an update.

We’ve officially launched a new North American South-Central server in NHL 21 which will improve our overall coverage and connection for players in that region.

Official Tweet from Community Manager: https://twitter.com/TheClapperton/status/1339392027398574080

Blueberry.png
Message 72 of 85 (746 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

So I tried another console including the driver, and the result is still the same, the player delays are unbelievable and it's pinging 24ms and the connection is still stable tested on UOtrace .. here's a sample ..

https://youtu.be/czhjTwaEUdU

Message 73 of 85 (735 Views)

Community Manager

@MaraSGc 

I'm not seeing any lag in that clip. Can you post a screenshot of your UO Trace results?

Aljo.png
Message 74 of 85 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What about activating servers in Toronto, Ontario a big city like that with hundreds of players playing with high pings because of overloaded servers .. it’s time that Toronto gets one. 

Message 75 of 85 (719 Views)

★ Guide

I'm sorry you don't see it, because the difference between the controller and the player's reaction is simply not visible, but in this video there is an example of how the game behaves when players have delayed reactions and it's Gretzky who is not marked and stands close to the puck and he just won't marry him !!! There are just a lot of such mistakes that don't happen offline at all .. and this is the test result right in this match..

Message 76 of 85 (698 Views)

Community Manager

@MaraSGc 

In your video, Gretzky backs off the puck because you're controlling Stone. Then, you switch to Gretzky. At that point, the opposing player was able to pick up the puck due Gretzky and Stone being too far away to reach it. 

Aljo.png
Message 77 of 85 (661 Views)

★ Guide
Well, look again, Gretzky will make a small move and then stop before he marks it .. and this is a demonstration of the delay of the players' reactions, I don't know how else to show you what's going on in the game .. every time the game starts to run very cool but during the game there will be a delay of the players, so explain to him why this is happening, the connection is OK and there is no problem ..
Message 78 of 85 (654 Views)

Community Manager

@MaraSGc 

I saw that. That's why I said Gretzky backs off. It's because the AI thinks Stone is going to pick it up.

Aljo.png
Message 79 of 85 (649 Views)

★ Guide
I just don't think so, there are a lot of such situations in rivals .. and it's just caused by the delay of the players' reactions, because in SB never a similar situation has ever happened to me, and I have played far more matches there ..
Message 80 of 85 (645 Views)