Community Manager

@Temets 

Sounds good. Just get back to me then.

Aljo.png
Message 42 of 85 (742 Views)

Re: NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

I run the tests again and did it twice just to be sure. But here is the results.

Message 43 of 85 (730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Today I played NHL Threes with my friend and noticed one moment where I could record my input lag and I recorded it with my phone unfortunately but you can clearly see when I move the puck to backhand it comes with delay and so does the move to forehand in front of the goalie. 

I had only 24 average ping in that game so not that high but still the delay was pretty big.

Where should I upload the video so you can see it too?

Edit: 

Here is the link, hope it works. Let me know if it doesn't:

https://imgur.com/a/6cgpoIc

Message 44 of 85 (722 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

These tests are looking better than your previous one. Did anything change? Your first test is a little concerning since you have a high worst ping to your router, but it's ok in the second. This sounds like it's fluctuating, which is pretty normal, but 15 ms is something we'd expect to see with a wireless connection. Your second test had an acceptable worst ping though. Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas for you. Please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 45 of 85 (713 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

Thanks for your help anyways. I didn't change anything. Only thing I did was reset my router and that was about 2 days ago, but it didn't help.

I have only played CHEL now but haven't tried it in Rivals. Althought it propably doesn't matter because CHEL uses dedicated servers too.
Message 46 of 85 (711 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

Interesting. How's the traffic from others on your network? Was it less at the time you ran those tests?

Aljo.png
Message 47 of 85 (709 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I ran those test when I was home alone today. Last time I did the test my girlfriend was using Wifi I think.

I opened case with live support adviser and we tried many things but none of them helped Frown

Lets hope I can fix it somehow in the futureStandard smile
Message 48 of 85 (698 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

When others are using the same network, it can affect your play. Especially if they are streaming media. If your router supports QoS, make sure it's enabled. The same goes for UPnP.

Aljo.png
Message 49 of 85 (695 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

Both are enabled. I haven't noticed any differences when others are using same network vs when I am the only user.
Message 50 of 85 (693 Views)