Re: NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Community Manager

@Temets 

Sounds good. Just let me know how it goes. Thanks and good luck!

Aljo.png
Message 21 of 85 (968 Views)

★ Novice

I was wondering if someone else has the same issue and as soon as i saw this topic i was like, i m not alone with this.

I have 8 to 24 ms games in HUT and it feels like i play on much higher Ping.

I m watching even NHL twitch streamers which some of them have a ping of 40ms and they fly through the ice and i was wondering how is it possible.

i had an opponent which had 77 to 80 rated players compared to mine 85 rated players and he destroyed me. I belong for years to the top players on the planet. I played competitivley on sites like gamersaloon and worldgaming. This started also in NHL 20 with this input lag. I live in west Germay.

I wish someone can help me through this.

Message 22 of 85 (950 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I had no time to play that much so I tried one HUT Rush match after I had opened the ports and it worked well. Average ping in that match was 10. Does HUT Rush use P2P or dedicated servers btw?

Today, I played HUT Rivals match and had 10 ping but the delay was still pretty big Frown So seems like opening ports didn't work.

I also played Online Versus match and had a game where average ping was 48 and highest 78 and there was a little bit of delay but I think it was caused by the ping. I still had not nearly as much delay than in HUT with 10 ping.

Online port testers still say that my ports are closed even thought I opened them. It might be possible I did it wrong but I don't know what would be the problem there.
Message 23 of 85 (935 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas at this point. Your tests showed an issue that would be on your ISP's end. That's not something we can help with. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know, but at this point it's best to speak with your ISP to see if they are noticing any issues.

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 85 (911 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

Thanks for your help anyways! I will let you know if I can get rid of the problem.
Message 25 of 85 (904 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

You're welcome. If there are any other steps to try, I'll update this thread.

Aljo.png
Message 26 of 85 (902 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I tried one game using my phone's 4G connection. The ping was slightly higher (20-40ms), but still there was a pretty big delay. I will post here everything I come up to try Standard smile
Message 27 of 85 (835 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

You should be getting a better experience on a wired connection. A wireless hotspot shouldn't be as stable or better than a wired one. Unless there are some hardware issues. Regardless, the test shows it's occurring before you reach our servers so there isn't really anything else I can suggest. I'm very sorry. I understand how frustrating this can be. I had similar issues until I replaced the equipment my ISP provided and used my own instead.

Aljo.png
Message 28 of 85 (793 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I first started HUT this year it wasnt to bad but now its so delayed online.  I have a Netgear Nighthawk, Nacon controller and a gaming monitor and Im

from the Toronto area.  How do i connect to a closer server?

Message 29 of 85 (775 Views)

Community Manager

@ABUSEU905 

Unfortunately, you can't choose which server you connect to. What troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? Also, are you on a wired or wireless connection and what system do you play on?

Aljo.png
Message 30 of 85 (762 Views)