Re: NHL 21 Input lag in HUT

by Temets

Original Post

Community Manager

@Temets 

You really need to run the test on a wired connection since that is what you play on. Can you do that? Wireless connections are significantly worse so it won't be accurate to what you play on.

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 85 (1,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Yes, of course. Should have done it at the first time. Here is the new UO Trace with Wired connection.

Message 12 of 85 (1,186 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

Thanks! You're getting a little packet loss and some high ping times before reaching our servers. Can you run the test again, but use the European server that is listed in the instructions? It's possible the high pings are due to the distance to the server you're testing with.

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 85 (1,179 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Sure. Here is a new UO Trace.

Message 14 of 85 (1,174 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

You're still getting a bit of a high ping and it appears to be on the same network as the previous one. This indicates an issue before you reach our servers. That would be on your ISPs end. If you haven't already, opening ports may help. The ports that need to be opened can be found here.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 85 (1,171 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I tried opening ports in NHL 20, but it didn't help. I will still try this again. So I open the ports for NHL and no need to open for PS4 separately?
Message 16 of 85 (1,167 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

You could DMZ your router if you like, but if those ports are already opened, they wouldn't need to be done again. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else to suggest other than contacting your ISP to see if they may have some suggestions.

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 85 (1,163 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I had removed the ports so I will open them again now. Do I open PS4 ports and NHL ports or only NHL ports?

You have done everything you could and it is enough for me. I will let you know if I fix it somehow.
Message 18 of 85 (1,160 Views)

Community Manager

@Temets 

You just need to open the NHL ports, but it can't hurt to open the PS4 ports. Hopefully, that helps! Let me know what happens.

Aljo.png
Message 19 of 85 (1,158 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I opened every PS4 and NHL port. I will test if it works better in game tomorrow and let you know how I did.

I hope that I did the port forwarding correctly and it works. Last time I opened ports in NHL20, I think I missed the part where I should have set Static DHCP to my PS4. Now I did and lets hope it works.

Only problem is when I try some online port forwarding checker like canyouseeme.org, it says that the port is still closed. Idk if I did something wrong, but if I did, I don't know what is the problem.

But anyways, I'll see how it works tomorrow!
Message 20 of 85 (1,146 Views)